• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finding a good surgen for MMA

Peyt

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a web site that lists doctors that can perform Maxillary Mandibular Advancement Surgery? Hopefully there will be a physician locator on the site.
Thanks so much.

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
I would NOT do that surgery! It has been many years since I've seen patients before and after surgery, but back then, it was always a big fail, with a lot of pain!

Peyt

I would NOT do that surgery! It has been many years since I've seen patients before and after surgery, but back then, it was always a big fail, with a lot of pain!
I think you are right,
I have been doing some research since starting this thread and it looks like there are many people who lost feeling to their nerves(on different areas of the face) after surgery and it never came back ( even after 5 years) ... It seems to be a good choice for younger people (in their 20's or younger) which heal fast but I think I will pass until the surgery improves.