• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finally got a diagnosis for my CFS

I went to go see a new doctor a few weeks ago. I told him i had cfs and he said i was wrong. He said cfs is usually not explained by anything. He says i have Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome which is different than cfs. He is starting me on antivirals and immune system boosters. Wow i am so happy!!!! He says i will able to return to normal in 1 to 3 years!!!!

taniaaust1

Many doctors will give a ME/CFS diagnoses between 6 mths and 2 years after the illness which caused the post viral fatigue syndrome. ME/CFS classically often starts off from such an illness. Some doctors dont even believe in ME/CFS so hence will also then give post viral syndrome diagnoses.

best luck. I hope you only have PVS.

lafarfelue

@Pinetree53 I hope the antivirals and boosters work for you! It's nice to have a doctor that is willing to give you medications to try to solve your illness.

Please keep us updated and best of luck!

Very well, I hope that the treatment you started will help you a lot with your health.
I had two years with cfs but the doctors who have reviewed me think I'm crazy.

overtheedge

Keep us posted, Antivirals are interesting. Anyone others on here using them or have completed a year or few of use?

If you guys would like, i can edit my post to include my supplement protocol he has put me on and if you guys would like to know my labs?

Definately keeping everyone posted, this is the first time i ever had a doctor acknowledge i was sick and said 'i can help you become well' instead of the run a round every cfs patient gets from thwir doctors aka 'its all in your head' 'you aren't sick' 'cfs doesnt exist' etc etc

geraldt52

... He says i will able to return to normal in 1 to 3 years!!!!

I do wish you the best, but if I had my money back from all the doctors who've told me something similar, I could buy a new Porsche 911...which is probably what they did with my money.

Its definitely been very hurtful to have so many doctors be dismissive about my condition over the years, but, honestly, they did me much less harm than the doctors who pretended they understood what was wrong and could "help" me. In the end, it was better to be sent on my way without any treatment than to be given "treatments" that had no real scientific basis, no better chance of success than a placebo, and a list of side effects as long as your arm...

@geraldt52 i am sorry you have been put through the ringer. But my approach is simple- i will try every method and every treatment i come across and i will have hope each and every day that i can and will get better. Because i am determined not to let the illness win. I will return to being a healthy vibrant person again. And if a doctor thinks he knows what wrong with me and how to treat it , i will take whatever treatment they are offering. Because i have a much better chance at getting better trying experimental treatments then not trying treatments and doing absolutely nothing hoping that my body will spontaneously get better on its own.