• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fight or flight response activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
An oldie but goodie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 31

WoolPippi

link to the book on amazon.com, 15 pages, 5 dollars.

blurb: "Unravelling CFS/ME is a book written by an ex sufferer who found a way out. It describes exactly what causes CFS/ME and how to make all the symptoms vanish and move on with your life. Have you suffered enough?"

(I detest that last sentence)(I have no kindle)(also detest the secrecy. And the price.)

digital dog

It's basically the theory behind the Lightning Process.
Works for people who have depression which manifests in physical symptoms but not ME

I have started to do some of the things he suggests and it seems to be working really well so far. Have managed to watch more TV than usual, as i usually get really tired doing cognitive stuff and have managed to walk for about 45 mins when i have only been doing 25 mins so far.

According to Amazon, the book was published yesterday.
Incredible ... a book that nearly doubles your exercise capacity within 24 hours of the first time you read it! :rofl:

And I'm using "incredible" in the literal sense. It is not a credible claim. It is absurd, insulting, exploitative, and disgusting.

digital dog

Glad for you Reward. Definitely keep it up. I know people who went from wheelchair bound on disability to full time work with this sort of thing.
Didnt work for me but worth a shot,
I don't think we should be so nasty to people who are trying to get well. Anything is worth a try.
Good for you Reward. Im glad you have some relief.
Keep it up!!!

Effi

the author states that activation of the fight or flight response decreases immune system activity
first of all @redward24 let me say good for you you found something that helps. it's always good to see when someone can get out of the hell hole.

that being said... I always feel like these theories turns things upside down. I agree that fight/flight possibly decreases immune system activity. But in ME I think the fight/flight is constantly switched on because of a dysfunctional immune system, not the other way around. That way working on the fight/flight response might be helpful, but I see it more like a band-aid than a cure because it doesn't address the causative factor, i.e. the dysfunctional immune system. If we knew what exactly causes the immune system to go haywire we'd be a lot closer to a cure imo.

@redward24 When you joined Phoenix Rising you supplied us with an email address. We received two reports that were suspicious that you might be advertising/promoting this book. I plugged your email address into pipl.com and your email address is associated with the author's name -- James Downes. Coincidence, I think not.

The best way to sell a book is by using the proper advertising channels rather than using deception. We have very strict rules regarding spamming and advertising. We don't allow it -- end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.