• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fibromyalgia associated with vasovagal syncope journal article

Shell

That's interesting Allyson and makes me think they are finding similar results to Dr Patrick Woods Dopamine Theory of FMS. His research has been linked with research suggested that FMS is a form of hyperadrenergic POTS.

I wonder how many people dx with FMS end up with some flavour of dysautonomia dx as well (In my case IST) and that leaves me wondering whether FMS exists as a rheumi disease at all and whether, in fact, it is ANS rooted.
I wish we could get standing dopamine tests easily.

Hyper POTS is problems in epinephrine to norepinephrine leading to poor dopamine production. If people with FMS have either low dopamine or poor dopamine uptake then it all seems like the same thing to me (but my brain is a solid mush of fog right now)