• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fever

Deatheye

Hi everyone. I wondered how your body temperture looks like. Even though I happen to develop severell imflammations at once (like pneumonia bronchitis sinusitis gastroenteritis...) I didn' develop fever for a long time. Somtimes it even looks like my body tempertire drops instead of rising. I know 2 other people having this in my family, one is my mother. But i never heared of something like this from anywhere else. Anyone knows this? Is there any medical explanation for it?

kat0465

When I first became sick, I'd get fevers with different stuff, now I'm usually below normal. If I'm at 99 or 100 that's a big fever for me,
Although it dosent happen often.the best explanation I can give you is the viruses we carry around, in my case ebv and hhv6,are at chronic levels. And viruses dont like fevers cause it kills them.so I have a sneaking suspicion that they play a roll in the low body temps.
Thyroid might be another reason for low body temps. Unfortunately I'm stuck with both, chronic virus levels, and hypo thyroid ;( I think it's pretty common, for us cfids/ fibro peeps.

Kat

Athene

ihateticks.me
Hi, Deatheye, I started a thread recently called "Do you get fevers? Ever?" and lots of people replied saying that since having CFS they never get a fever. Lots of people contributed very useful info so it is worth looking at that thread.