• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling normal - cfs conquered?

knackers323

Jumping in, sorry if this has been covered.

23andme is genetic--it doesn't measure the actual state of your methylation cycle and how it is functioning. It does show SNPs that could interfere with it. So Gandalf probably had methylation problems that were not caused by genetics.

This is just a guess! :)
Sushi

Good point

Can anyone explain why the test says his methylation is good but treating methylation has had such a big impact for him?

Tests are no good?
We don't fully understand things yet? Etc.

Also @Gandalf what form were the B12 shots and how long were you on them before they stopped having effect? Thanks

I have confirmed low potassium and vit d so it makes sense that they help.
Folic acid does confuse, but maybe I have an increased turnover rate of my blood cells (decreased MCV, increased billirubin) so I might need more folic acid for that.

Cyano and hydroxo helped the same. I took weekly shots 1000-1500 . I did this for about 2 months.