• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fecal transplantation

Daffodil

@perrier i find the rumor very odd since Canada is so conservative medically....but British Columbia is a little different so who knows. Maybe Health Canada is going to OK it for IBD? I do know it wont be done traditionally, but using pills.

perrier

@perrier i find the rumor very odd since Canada is so conservative medically....but British Columbia is a little different so who knows. Maybe Health Canada is going to OK it for IBD? I do know it wont be done traditionally, but using pills.
Pills, eh? As you know some talented sscientists and doctors in Ontario came up with a pill,called repoopulate. It’s not available on the market. There is also a prominent doctor in Alberta who makes his own pills to give to select patients. I wrote to him but he did not respond. I’m very interested to know more about what these Taymount folks are up to. A good money maker they have there if they are doing this the easy way. As it was they were not doing colonoscopy route,which is how USA doctors and the eminent Dr Borody do things.

Daffodil

@perrier yes we seem to have quite a few doctors who are involved in this in canada. apprently it is supposed to be $5000 for 10 poop-pill transplants. or maybe 5, i cannot remember. perhaps a simple phone call to taymount in england would give us the info

bertiedog

I increased my natural fiber to grow a healthy microbial army and boy is it ever working. This is probably the best I've felt. The first month I was just adapting and I had so-so results. Definitely no more constipation or IBS but this month my energy is coming back and it's very exciting. I don't have h.pylori though so *shrug* But anyway, here is kinda what I eat in a day....

breakfast: 2 bananas, soy milk (or an apple)
lunch: big green smoothie with at least 1 cup of blueberries, 3+ cups of greens
snack banana
snack a bunch of beets
snack a bunch of carrots with hummus
supper: huge salad with quinoa (and more veggies, purple cabbage, cucumber, maybe avocado etc.) with vinegar dressing
or beans with a little rice

I do tend to eat at least one serving of beans some time during the day. I started out taking digestive enzymes but really that's no longer necessary, everything is going pretty smoothly.

Different people have luck with different things though like Kefir, Kombucha, Activia Daily (yogurt)

So far though, this is definitely the best I've felt in a very long time. Fiber for the win. I've tried fiber supplements before and whole wheat - flat out didn't work for me though. Eating veggies and fruits seems to do the trick (for me at least.)
Unfortunately that is way too much carb for my body to deal with. It would give me huge swings in blood sugar and I would end up in a state of collapse. Just adding a teaspoon of oats to my yoghurt 3 times a day pushed my blood sugar up too much.

Glad that it is working for you, I am sure lots of fibres would help our micro biomes but we have to be able to tolerate them!

Pam

perrier

@perrier yes we seem to have quite a few doctors who are involved in this in canada. apprently it is supposed to be $5000 for 10 poop-pill transplants. or maybe 5, i cannot remember. perhaps a simple phone call to taymount in england would give us the info
Thanks Daffodil
I will call these Taymount people crooks; it was despicable what they did, which was to take all the money for the transplant and not do it because our family member developed a problem and ended up in hospital. NO decent outfit would do that.

I tried with the Ontario scientists and they are not releasing the repopulate; darn....

Last edited:

Daffodil

@perrier did you pay taymount by credit card? if so, you can dispute the charge. they cant charge unless a service was rendered

i am not even surprised, so many try to take advantage of us because they know we are desperate

perrier

@perrier did you pay taymount by credit card? if so, you can dispute the charge. they cant charge unless a service was rendered

i am not even surprised, so many try to take advantage of us because they know we are desperate
Thanks Daffodil for your support; this took place in 2014. We had to pay at the time of booking half or more than half for the fecal infusions. We we in the most expensive category, with multiple infusions, so to speak for ME and ibs.

In total it was very expensive, thousands and thousands of dollars; I would have to look it up in my papers for the exact figure. So, they had the money which was paid by credit card before we even arrived.

Then when we arrived and the prep was being done, a problem occurred and it was then we learned they have NO doctor connected to their clinic. Our family member ended up in emergency and was in hospital for over two weeks. I was in touch with Taymount notifying them. But they just refused to return the cash, not even a penny.

After I harangued them, they offered to apply a tiny percent of our money to a future fecal procedure. That was it. Well, we no longer wanted to have anything to do with this unprofessional outfit. There was some loophole in the uk which allowed them to operate this clinic, and boy, they were raking it in, this husband and wife team:

Yes, many clinics have taken advantage of ME patients; it is criminal.

Daffodil

@perrier you could have gotten all the money back. I am not kidding. I have had this stuff happen and if you call the credit card company and tell them you were charged for a service you didn't get, they would have returned the money. By using the credit card, you have insurance against this stuff. After you were paid back, the credit card company would have gotten the money from Taymount themselves. They wouldn't have messed with the credit card company because they need their services.

I cannot believe this. If I were you, I would call the credit card company just to see if anything can be done now. That is pure theft...its not even a matter of interpretation

Daffodil

@perrier this has made me very upset. I am very angry, they cannot do that,. why did you not fight this? I am trembling with anger

sorry I have issues LOL

perrier

@perrier this has made me very upset. I am very angry, they cannot do that,. why did you not fight this? I am trembling with anger

sorry I have issues LOL
Dear Daffodil
You are so sweet, I thank you. And you just taught an old dog a trick, thanks. I never thought of just calling the credit card company. Now it’s been several years, and so I suspect I would be told it was too late. The stress was enormous then, our family member was in hospital,we didn’t know how long it would be,and where it was all going.

This devastating illness has shown me a dark side of some folks who work in the “medical help” fields.

Daffodil

Dear Daffodil
You are so sweet, I thank you. And you just taught an old dog a trick, thanks. I never thought of just calling the credit card company. Now it’s been several years, and so I suspect I would be told it was too late. The stress was enormous then, our family member was in hospital,we didn’t know how long it would be,and where it was all going.

This devastating illness has shown me a dark side of some folks who work in the “medical help” fields.
i understand. i also let a lot of things go that i shouldnt have because of all the stress at the time. yes, I think 160 days is the time limit. maybe up to a year in some cases. i have heard of companies doing something unfair but this was just nuts....just blatant theft! and from sick people. how do these people live with themselves? i'd like to call them and give them a piece of my mind. would you like to make a website about what they did to you? it will affect their business and they might return the money. since they might expand into BC, they wouldnt want this sort of publicity

perrier

sorry I have issues LOL
Dear Daffodil

And here’s another detail: in their ledgers they marked : no show

In other words, they wrote that we did not turn up. This was an outright lie. I called the owner the moment a problem occurred thinking they had a doctor. But they just shrugged us off. Then when our family member was hospitalized a few hours later, I telephoned these shysters, and left a message saying what had transpired. Then I left several other messages updating them.

I learned about the ‘ no show’ from a helper they had.

perrier

i understand. i also let a lot of things go that i shouldnt have because of all the stress at the time. yes, I think 160 days is the time limit. maybe up to a year in some cases. i have heard of companies doing something unfair but this was just nuts....just blatant theft! and from sick people. how do these people live with themselves? i'd like to call them and give them a piece of my mind. would you like to make a website about what they did to you? it will affect their business and they might return the money. since they might expand into BC, they wouldnt want this sort of publicity
Here is what the shysters said: the fecal transplant was reserved for you, so we have to charge.

I reminded them it was frozen and could be used for someone else, because we had given them over 24 hours notice, perhaps even 48 ( They just go nasty with me. But I had a family member in emergency and icu and that was my priority. Here we were in a foreign country and I didn’t know if the travel insurance was going to cover all this or not; eventually they did.

Oh, Lordy Lord, this road has shown me that there are folks out there who have no shame and who serve the dark forces.

Take care lovely Daffodil.