• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feb. 2 TV Segment - Local mother recounts son's bad vaccine reaction

jepps

This writes Chris Kresser about vaccination:

http://chriskresser.com/coq10-vaccination-and-natural-treatment-for-migraines

So, the first thing I’ll say in that regard is that I don’t think this is a decision that can be made based on the data alone. The data are conflicting. There’s a lot that we don’t fully understand about how vaccination affects the body. There’s a lot that we probably will never fully understand or that it will be difficult to fully understand, and this is similar to what we talked about in either the last episode or the episode before that about the difficulty doing randomized clinical trials with certain kinds of conditions because with vaccination, for example, it’s very difficult to say, let’s say if you vaccinate a group of children and you want to find out if vaccinations contribute to immune dysregulation and autoimmunity and, you know, allergies and asthma and things like that. So, let’s say you take a group of children and one group of children is not vaccinated and another group of children is vaccinated, and you follow them 15 years later and the group of children that’s vaccinated has higher incidence of autoimmune disease. Well, that doesn’t prove anything. You can’t say for sure, as we talked about in the red meat study, that it was the vaccinations that caused that higher incidence of autoimmune disease, because there could be a lot of potential confounding factors. Maybe parents who are more likely to vaccinate are more likely to follow mainstream dietary advice, for example, and parents who are less likely to vaccinate are more “health conscious” and they’re considering, you know, maybe they have their kids on healthier diets, and there are any number of other intervening factors. So, to really find out whether vaccinations contribute, you’d have to do very long randomized, controlled trials that would be extremely expensive, and it’s unlikely that the pharmaceutical company’s gonna pay for that trial, right? Because they’re the ones manufacturing the vaccines, and they’re not really interested in proving that vaccines cause immune dysregulation.

jepps

Dr. Grace about vaccines:

http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.co.at/2014/09/immunoprotection-of-bifidobacteria-and.html

One of the differences is reduced or absent bifidobacteria.

According to a Bangladeshi microbiota study published last month, poor vaccine efficacy is associated with systemic inflammation due to gut dysbiosis. Bifidobacteria were found a key factor in improving vaccine responsiveness. There are many known strains of bifidobacteria, some considered better than others. Bifidobacteria levels in the USA vary widely among individuals. Studies report much lower levels of bifidobacteria in children with autism.

Vaccines may not be given during an acute infection. Maybe the reason is, that the microbiom fights with viruses or bacterias, and therefore is to reduced to fight with the viruses of the vaccine.

If we build up or gut flora, we have the bifidos to fight against the viruses of the vaccine. But when our microbiom is strong enough, maybe we do not need vaccines to fight against acut viruses, because the microbiom fights for us.

Last edited:

Dufresne

almost there...
I've been seeing a bunch of pro-vaccine pieces on the news lately due to the recent measles outbreaks. I'm not anti-vaccine per se, I just think there is a far more negative aspect to them than is publicized and that the issue is deserving of a lot more study.

I do think vaccines can trigger neuro-immune disease. I've read too many accounts of people falling ill with ME/CFS and autism immediately following vaccines to believe otherwise. However I believe they've likely done more good than harm. Yet what really aggravates me is that there is such a pro-vaccine campaign underway while incidents like the Thompson affair are completely blocked from mainstream coverage. I've no doubt our governments are orchestrating this. I'm certain there would be considerable uproar and falling vaccination rates if the masses were to hear the other side of the story. I think most here would agree with this. My question is: are our governments right to censor stories such as the Thompson affair in the mainstream media?

Mij

My GP was obviously not too educated about vaccines when I was given x4 vaccines less than one month after my initial viral onset when I was still symptomatic.

Mij

https://www.masscfids.org/resource-...s/444-dr-byron-hyde-2012-fall-lecture-summary

Immunizations and CFIDS/ME and FM
Dr. Hyde emphatically stated that “immunizations save lives, and are better than all the doctors in the world put together”, but cautioned that doesn’t mean they are problem-free. His concern centered on two: recombinant hepatitis B immunization and the rubella immunization. Dr. Hyde also spoke to the issue of contaminated immunizations around the world and how they can possibly trigger CFIDS/ME/FM illnesses.

He has personally seen some very ill, bed-ridden patients as a result of the recombinant hepatitis B immunizations, causing disautonomia― the dis-connect between the brain and the ability to maintain normal pressure in peripheral arteries.

Dr. Hyde explained how the rubella immunization can cause rheumatoid arthritis. If a pregnant woman has not had the vaccine, she cannot receive it while pregnant because it will cause harm to her unborn child. When Dr. Hyde started in practice, the current wisdom of the day then was to give the immunization immediately after childbirth to both the mother and child. If the mother was breast-feeding, a sensitivity to, not immunization from rubella would develop in the child. If the child was a boy, nothing happened to the child. If the child was a girl, and she received a booster for that vaccine in grade 8 (in Canada), she could go on to develop an internal auto-immune reaction which then could develop into rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Hyde pointed out that this is 12-14 years after the initial insult to the body.

Contaminated Immunizations. Dr. Hyde discussed some of the issues around immunizations that have been contaminated and still go to market. For example, during 2004-2005 some batches of the flu vaccine manufactured by Chiron Labs in England became tainted with Serratia Marcescens. The US and Canada bought vaccines made in England because they were cheaper. Even though the company informed the buyers about this contamination, the US and Canada continued to use the immunizations for 6 more months. Dr. Hyde feels many people probably got ill with CFIDS/ME after this.

Immunization and travel start date. Dr. Hyde emphatically told the audience that when preparing for travel abroad, particularly following and during trips to third world countries, “NEVER get an immunization and then travel immediately. Always allow 30 days between the injection and the travel plans to allow the immunization to take effect.” He explained that if, by chance, you got on a plane the week following the immunization, and sat next to someone with a minor virus, your immune system may not be able to fight it off and you could end up becoming chronically ill with CFIDS/ME. A virus plus an immunization do not mix well. He reiterated that acute ME is usually not detectable by routine examination and only a SPECT, BEAM or PET scan can pick up the encephalopathy.

jepps

How vaccine affect the immunity, describes Philip F. Incao, M.D:
http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/gulf-war-syndrome-articles/how-vaccinations-work/

Th2 is the part of immunity, which recognizes the microbe or antigene, Th1 initiates "the acute inflammatory response" and is often accompanied by the classic signs of inflammation: fever, pain, malaise and discharge of mucus, pus, skin rash or diarrhea. He compares this with eating something: Th2 is recognizing and tasting the food, Th1 is to digest the food.

A growing number of scientists believe that the increase in America, Europe, Australia and Japan in allergic and auto-immune diseases (which stimulates Th2 ) is caused by the lack of stimulation of Th1 from the lack of acute inflammatory responses and discharges in childhood. We need to identify the factors which cause this shift in the function of the immune system or which cause allergies and auto-immune diseases in childhood to increase!

If we now return to the original question of the mechanism of action of vaccinations, we find what I believe is the key to the puzzle. A vaccination consists of introducing a disease agent or disease antigen into an individual’s body without causing the disease. If the disease agent provoked the whole immune system into action it would cause all the symptoms of the disease! The symptoms of a disease are primarily the symptoms (fever, pain, malaise, loss of function) of the acute inflammatory response to the disease.

So the trick of a vaccination is to stimulate the immune system just enough so that it makes antibodies and "remembers" the disease antigen but not so much that it provokes an acute inflammatory response by the cellular immune system and makes us sick with the disease we’re trying to prevent! Thus a vaccination works by stimulating very much the antibody production (Th2) and by stimulating very little or not at all the digesting and discharging function of the cellular immune system (Th1).

Vaccine antigens are designed to be "unprovocative" or "indigestible" for the cellular immune system (Th1) and highly stimulating for the antibody-mediated humoral immune system (Th2).

So if we compare, how vaccines work, with eating: our immunity learns to work recognizing something, but never digesting it. So the viruses of vaccines might persist as low grade infection, and we learn to recognize much, but digest little.

How thiomersal in vaccines makes the Th1 to Th2 switch, is described in this study. The thiomersal in the vaccines goes in the brain, when we have leaky gut, might be the trigger for this Th1/Th2 switch, and depletes glutathione. Glutathione as supplement increases Th1.

How Th1, Th2 and further Th17 and Th9 can be modulated in addressing the gut, is discussed here. How to address the gut, is discussed in the RS thread.

Last edited: