• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA/NIH STUDY UPDATE, by Mindy Kitei

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, Mindy!

Does anyone know how long it takes for PNAS to publish a paper once it has been accepted? It's months for some journals but very fast for others.

Alexia

Thanks, Mindy!

Does anyone know how long it takes for PNAS to publish a paper once it has been accepted? It's months for some journals but very fast for others.

What takes a long time normally is for reviewers to write their review. We don't know if the PNAS will be sending the "new" paper back to the reviewers. Even if they are planning to do it the reviewers already know the paper they will have just to check the changes made so it should not take very long I would say.

dsdmom

I wish I could be more optimistic about all of this, but it seems like we really don't know a) what the paper now says and b) if/when it will be approved.

dancer

dsdmom -
I agree. I'm concerned about this. We know the paper had been reviewed, accepted for publication, and in galleys. We know it confirmed the WIP/NCI/Cleveland Clinic study.
Now the new version will be submitted in a few weeks - and needs to go through the "accepted/not-accepted" decision again.
Still feels fishy. Still a lot of potential for things to go wrong.