• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

favorable blog post. Regarding death threats by Simon Wessley.

Nakedcapitalism has posted an article about Simon Wessley receiving death threats from CFS patients. Nakedcapitalism blog has a well-informed and often connected reader population around the world, and anybody can comment with no registration required!

In case anybody wants to say something....

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/08/links-82111.html

From YVES:
Im not at all a supporter of this sort of harassment of researchers, but Im not unsympathetic with their beef. When the medical profession cant unravel a problem quickly, they want to make it psychological. I had a buddy who had advanced Lyme disease before doctors would think to test for that, and he saw some of the very best diagnosticians (as in he was in the money is no object league). They kept telling him it was in his head for 18 months until someone figured it out. I also suffer from fatigue (not as bad as CFS and not CFS symptomology) and as soon as I tell doctors I dont have anemia, Ive been screened for post viral syndrome, my bloodwork looks normal ex thyroid and Im already taking meds for that, they immediately want to put me on antidepressants. The two people I know personally who have chronic fatigue syndrome are the antithesis of the sort you would peg with psychological issues: formerly high energy, great jobs, great personal relationships, very positive even with CFS.

Battery Muncher

Always good to get on sites with good readership. Apparently this site is quite big amongst those with leftist politics. Will try posting a comment sometime - with the internet, there's a much better chance that we can get heard.

Also, leftist sites will be more sympathetic to arguments re: the establishment suppressing the truth etc. In fact, I think they will be eager to hear them. So it will be worth it hopefully, and might make many more aware of our troubles. Just a shame I'm kind of having a crappy day.

Thanks!

There were a couple of comments posted by advocates to that blog post which really nailed the Militant article.