• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue is a major contributor to loss of physical function in chronic pain

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Quite a large collaborative study between Stanford and NIH.

There's not a lot of data in the abstract as to how they reached their conclusions or possible therapeutic targets but the major take away for me was that fatigue may be responsible for much of the physical function losses in chronic pain conditions (as opposed to the pain itself).

Which may be good news if fatigue becomes a research focus in these conditions.

Physical and Psychological Correlates of Fatigue and Physical Function: A Stanford-NIH Open Source Pain Registry Study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25536536?dopt=Abstract

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I've only recently had to deal with persistent pain. I'm not going to call it chronic; I'm still hoping it will go away. I certainly find dealing with/enduring pain to be fatiguing.

NK17

I've only recently had to deal with persistent pain. I'm not going to call it chronic; I'm still hoping it will go away. I certainly find dealing with/enduring pain to be fatiguing.
Yes when pain increases in quantity, quality and duration, fatigues augments.
There is a clear correlation/causation link.