• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fatigue, food , Ray peat

she

Practically perfect
Found this
http://eastwesthealing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/learnedhelplessnessnervousystem.mp3
about fatigue, sleeplessness.
My English is not that good, so I did not understand it fully
but it seems very usefull, at least to me,
because all my normal sleep / tiredness rithm & sensations are F*** up.
And because I have the feeling my ME is food related - but I do not know how.
maybe anyone could help me understand this better.
Take care

Last edited:

she

Practically perfect
@rwac thnx for u'r reaction.
- what I don't understand ??
Haha - I don't remember ...
I read few more of Ray Peat's articles and I start to get the picture.
It is about how specific foods infuence the hormones;
and that Thyroid hormone is especially important and progeterone.

If u figured out more - it would be nice if u could note it.
the ppl from http://eastwesthealing.com/ follow up the reactions of the patient solely by temp and pols
and the feeling of the patient after eating.
It sounds like something I should do.

Most of us have wrong timing for our sleep cycles. Healthy people have higher cortisol in the day and low at night. Ours is reversed.

Many of us have problems with detoxification and something called the "methylation cycle". We test our genes and take supplements to fix the broken cycles.

Many of us have adrenals that are overworked or nearly burned out. Adrenals and thyroid are important. For thyroid, if your blood test shows normal, you may still have low thyroid.

We also have problems with pituitary, temperature regulation, etc.

Many have food intolerances and we have to go on a strict diet. Gluten, corn, soy, dairy, peanuts, lectins, and others can destroy a person's gut lining. You can heal it with avoidance of those and bone broth. Or find if you are sensitive to nightshades, oxalates, citrus, nuts, shellfish, etc.