• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue and Fibro center information?

Hi everybody, i am posting from Canada and this is my first post/question. I have fibro and possibly CFS, and after many months of feeling very ill-many days in bed-you all understand, and driven by frustration, I am going to the Fibro and fatigue center in Vegas in two weeks. 8 hours of flying, 3 full days of assessments, and a hefty fee(which i dont care about-what use is money if i dont have a life?). was just wondering if any of you fine folks have had any experiences there? Any info would be helpful-positive or negative-it will all just make me more informed. Thanks so much.

readyforlife

I went to the FFC in Bellevue, WA in 2007. The doctor did a ton of blood work which was very helpful. They tried a few things and got my brain fog cleared up for awhile. After a month of me going there my doctor quit and they brought in a new doctor, two weeks later that doctor quit. That's when I decided not to go back. Make sure you get copies of all your blood work and keep a file. I found a new doctor and brought all my blood work from FFC to my new doctor. Good luck with FFC, I hope all goes well.

JT1024

Delilah,

You absolutely need to read this thread before going: http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...s-HEART-ATTACK&highlight=Fibro+Fatigue+Center

I went to an FFC center in 2006 and went for a number of visits. It was expensive and the doctor left and the clinical closed within a year or two of opening. I can't say that I was helped much but that was my experience. There have been a number of discussions surrounding the clinics and Dr. Teitelbaum.

Personally, I would not recommend going to them. If you're going to go to the US, why not go to Dr. Peterson in Incline Village, NV or the Whittemore Peterson Institute when it opens?

While we are all desperate for help, many doctors are clueless and those that claim to have all the answers (like Dr. Teitelbaum) absolutely don't. Time and money are precious.

Just my two cents! ~ JT

K

kbak

FFC

Hi,
I went to the Denver FFC. I would not recommend going unless you have tons of expendable income. I knew far more about my condition than the doc there. They have an expensive program of treatments that very few people get any real benefit from. You'll benefit more from spending some time finding a compassionate doc whose willing to work with you and then doing your own research on the meds or supplements that help people.

It's a trail and error method of finding those things that work best for you since we're all different. Then of course there's your diet. It does matter. There are to many people out there looking to make a lot of money from our misfortune.

I wish you well!
kbak

WA clinic / Laurie Marti?

Was your Dr. Laurie Marti? She didn't quit, they fired her, and she sued them because she alleges they were upset that she wouldn't refer patients to the ITC Compounding pharmacy, which few people know that they own. She also sued them for slander because they told patients that she quit and she alleges that it made it look like she abandoned them. Few people know that because they settled the suit with her, probably because they didn't want it to get out.

Marg

I would not go there. There are a lot of good doctors. I see Dr. Klimas in Miami, she has been working with this illness for 25 years. The WPI is good Montoya, Chia, Peterson to name a few. The Fatigue Centers are all about money, sure if the programs worked that would be okay but they do little. They do a lot of testing that is the only good thing. I met a woman recently that went to the Alanta one, she said she had to sign a contract to have all the IV. Run a search on the Fatigue Centers on this list not good reports. I the now so called director in the 90's before the Centers..after six months and a lot of money I was no better.

Good luck in what what you decided.

Kathi

If you go back in the archives of this site, you will see my post on how Dr. Cheney said the Fibro and Fatigue Center in Pittsburgh caused my heart attack and put me in heart failure by giving me medications without slowly ramping it up. Dr. Cheney said it was blatant medical malpractice.

Kathi