• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FAR INFRARED (from get-fitt.com)

alice111

has anyone had any experience or success with the far infrared portable saunas from getfitt.com? They are the company that Dr Myhill suggested, and speclialize in far saunas with CFS. They have the cocoon,and the portable i frared go system (looks like a dome). Please let me know if you have any advise, or suggestions about using this product! thanks

Skyline

I bought the FirZone one, with daily 10-15 minute sessions I think it is helping although I have no data. 20 minutes is too much for me and I feel it is overloading the liver. Do it till you break a sweat only.

I have done with FirZone sauna about 25 minutes at level 5, sweated a lot, but afterwards I was exhausted. I think that I have mobilized a lot of toxins...
And one should drink plenty of water with salt before sauna...

jeffrez

What do people think about the near vs. far infrared question? Supposedly near infrared is more healing to the cells?

>edit to add: http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/SAUNAS-NEAR VS. FAR I.htm

I'm thinking about getting a couple of NIR bulbs to add to my sauna to point at the adrenal region. It looks like it would be fairly easy to make one's own array of whatever configuration you want - one or two bulbs would probably be easy:

Plum

I have one of the saunas. Problem with space where I currently live. I enjoyed doing them but yes it made me tired and always felt like one more thing that needed doing.