• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fantastic Symposium Article on storify.com by Raeka Aiyar.

Dolphin

Thanks. It's a pity that many or most of the Facebook posts aren't showing up, at least for me. I wonder can anything be done about that.

This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
When I watched the Symposium live, I hadn't heard of Raeka Aiyar before. Finally, on Storify I can see her bio:
https://storify.com/raekaaiyar
Raeka Aiyar, Ph.D., is the Director of Scientific Strategy and Communications at the Stanford Genome Technology Center. Trained in genetics, functional genomics, and bioinformatics at the University of Waterloo, she received her Ph.D. at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory studying yeast models of mitochondrial disease using genomic and biochemical approaches.

Since then, Raeka has spent years exercising her passion for science communication, engaging a variety of audiences through writing, training, and outreach. In her current role, she oversees and implements scientific communications at SGTC, including a heavy focus on fundraising, scientific strategy, program management, and collaboration building.

Her main areas of scientific focus – and those of SGTC – are precision health approaches (especially towards chronic fatigue syndrome), functional genomics, developing technologies for molecular and cellular characterization, and synthetic biology.

Many thanks to her!