• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

famvir

cb2

Hi
i stared on famvir at the beginning of july 500mg for 2 weeks then i increased to 500mg 2x aday for 2 weeks and am supposed to increase again.. i cant tell if i feel better or worse or anything.

a part of me just wants to stop. .. if it doesnt help ..whats the point? is there any?
thanks

Gingergrrl

Some benefit and some don't. I took Famvir 500 mg 3x/ day for 8 mos with no benefit and my EBV and other titers are highest of my life (worse than when I started) and I am much sicker than before (not because of Famvir) but my illness has just progressed. But many have benefitted so I am just one example who didn't.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
its way too early to notice anything. I don't notice much but when I stop it I almost immediately get what I call a viral reactivation. Sore throat, mono feeling.

Your viruses are not happy. Don't quit just because you don't feel like jumping around. It's not how avs work.

cb2

yes @ minkeygirl i miss "jumping around" thank you for the encouragement to keep going with this.. sat i increase to 500mg 3x aday. a part of me gets confused because i few years ago when i was taking acyclovair i was doing better- why did i stop? i thought i didnt need it.. and i confuse myself as to why i didt go back with that one ..but instead tried this famvir- do you all get so confused too?