• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fake Folates : Looking for Cyanide?

Asklipia

There seems to be a link between fake folates and cyanide.
I have noticed that when I was younger and taking MSG in all kinds of foods served by my well-meaning but sadly addicted mother, I craved anything related to almonds, cherries and apricots. I even used to eat apricot kernels.
Supposed to contain "vitamin B17". I did not think of cancer at that time.

Then at one point, when I was 40 and very sick, I could not eat any of those, not even one cherry.

After three years on menatetrenone (MK-4), I can eat cherries again, or take cyanocobalamin if I wanted to, but I distinctly feel the damage done by the cyanide.

This could mean that you need a lot of folates to be able to get rid of cyanide, and that fake folates count for that purpose?

Could it be that you crave the cyanide because it kills the explosion of cancer cells induced by the fake folates?

It is very strange that I do not crave anymore things like almonds, almond paste, almond milk, apricots, bitter almond taste, amaretto, cherries etc. They were SO MUCH part of my favourite foods!

I wonder now, feeling them numbing my brain when I consume them, if I did not crave them to numb my brain in fact. Maybe to stop the excitatory effect?

Amazing what you discover as you go along.

Be well!
Asklipia

Asklipia

Thanks Lotus97. I am not taking any B12 now. I am fine for the moment. But I just wanted to underline that there is some kind of equation between folates-B12-cyanide that may be at play.
I am well, but I still hope to find out exactly why I suffered. I do not want this to happen again. And I am hoping to contribute to a solution for others.
I want to know exactly how the disruption happened.
After years of hell, I am now solving all the small problems accumulated over the years because something was deeply wrong.

For a couple of months now I have only been taking daily
- 25mg B2 after food once or twice a day
- before bed Melatonin 3 mg in the Pierpaoli formulation (which includes zinc and selenium)
- 10 mg manganese in the morning with my coffee.

Lots of good wishes!
Asklipia
:devil: FFP :devil:

Asklipia

To get rid of amygdalin or cyanide you need rhodanese (thiosulphate sulphurtransferase).

Also there is a link with B12 because it is known that giving cobalamin (maybe CYANOcobabamin?) to people suffering from Leber's optic neuropathy will make them blind.
They are suffering from a rhodanese deficiency.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1340241/

And guess who else is deficient in rhodanese?
Those with gut problems. Those with sulphur problems.
Best wishes
Asklipia

cph13

There seems to be a link between fake folates and cyanide.
I have noticed that when I was younger and taking MSG in all kinds of foods served by my well-meaning but sadly addicted mother, I craved anything related to almonds, cherries and apricots. I even used to eat apricot kernels.
Supposed to contain "vitamin B17". I did not think of cancer at that time.

Then at one point, when I was 40 and very sick, I could not eat any of those, not even one cherry.

After three years on menatetrenone (MK-4), I can eat cherries again, or take cyanocobalamin if I wanted to, but I distinctly feel the damage done by the cyanide.

This could mean that you need a lot of folates to be able to get rid of cyanide, and that fake folates count for that purpose?

Could it be that you crave the cyanide because it kills the explosion of cancer cells induced by the fake folates?

It is very strange that I do not crave anymore things like almonds, almond paste, almond milk, apricots, bitter almond taste, amaretto, cherries etc. They were SO MUCH part of my favourite foods!

I wonder now, feeling them numbing my brain when I consume them, if I did not crave them to numb my brain in fact. Maybe to stop the excitatory effect?

Amazing what you discover as you go along.

Be well!
Asklipia

I have a friend who was asking me to find B17 found in apricot pits as a cure for cancer. Is she off the wall? There are so many dangerous things out there. Straighten me out Asklipia...she has also question my discussions of cynacobalamin vs hydroxy,methy, aden...
I also have trouble taking MSM or juicing. I juiced for 3 days and was sick for a month..was it the sulfer, the thiol or????
"Move Free" Advanced now has 1.5 g of MSM. I purchased that one by mistake. I took 3. I had horrible neck pain within 1/2 hour (worse than normal) I stopped it. I slowly reintroduced it and it's OK. I have been taking MOVE FREE for about 20 years for my knees and OA in my body. It has always been a tremendous help. Once again, read the labels carefully but if one does not know what one can't take......I guess the testing is worth the cost. Any understand of my situation that you can share and any information is greatly appreciated. Happy Healing
Hugs

Freddd

I have a friend who was asking me to find B17 found in apricot pits as a cure for cancer. Is she off the wall? There are so many dangerous things out there. Straighten me out Asklipia...she has also question my discussions of cynacobalamin vs hydroxy,methy, aden...
I also have trouble taking MSM or juicing. I juiced for 3 days and was sick for a month..was it the sulfer, the thiol or????
"Move Free" Advanced now has 1.5 g of MSM. I purchased that one by mistake. I took 3. I had horrible neck pain within 1/2 hour (worse than normal) I stopped it. I slowly reintroduced it and it's OK. I have been taking MOVE FREE for about 20 years for my knees and OA in my body. It has always been a tremendous help. Once again, read the labels carefully but if one does not know what one can't take......I guess the testing is worth the cost. Any understand of my situation that you can share and any information is greatly appreciated. Happy Healing
Hugs

Hi CPH,

If you are intolerant of plant folates, juicing could be a cause of paradoxical folate deficiency. If they are effective then it could cause both low potassium and donut hole paradoxical folate insufficiency. What symptoms did it cause you? How do they match up with the charts below? What matches and what doesn't that you had?

CyCbl is bad news. HyCbl is 1/100 to 1/10,000 as effective as MeCbl and MeCbl. L-methylfolate works for all functions.

Group 1 – Hypokalemia onset. Symptoms may appear with serum potassium as high as 4.3. May become dangerous if ignored. Considered “rare” with cyanocobalamin it is very common with methylb12 and adensosylb12 and less so with hydroxycobalamin..

IBS – Steady constipation , Nausea, Vomiting, Paralyzed Ileum, Hard knots of muscle, Sudden muscle spasms when relaxed, Sudden muscle spasms when stretching , Sudden muscle spasms when kneeling, Sudden muscle spasms when reaching , Sudden muscle spasms when turning upper body to side, Tightening of muscles, spasms and excruciating pain in neck muscles, waking up screaming in pain from muscle spasms in legs. Muscle weakness, Abnormal heart rhythms (dysrhythmias), Increased pulse rate, Increased blood pressure, Emotional changes and/or instability, dermal or sub-dermal Itching, and if not treated potentially paralysis and death.

Group 2a - Both

IBS – Diarrhea alternating with constipation, IBS – Normal alternating with constipation

Group 2b – Either or both

Headache, Increased malaise, Fatigue

Group 3 - Induced and/or Paradoxical Folate deficiency or insufficiency

IBS – Steady diarrhea, IBS – Diarrhea alternating with normal, Stomach ache, Uneasy digestive tract, increased hypersensitive responses , Skin rashes, Increased acne, Skin peeling around fingernails, Skin cracking and peeling at fingertips, Angular Cheilitis, Canker sores, Coated tongue, Runny nose, Increased allergies, Increased Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Increased asthma, rapidly increasing Generalized inflammation in body, Increased Inflammation pain in muscles, Increased Inflammation pain in joints, Achy muscles, Flu like symptoms, Depression, Less sociable, Impaired planning and logic, Brain fog, Low energy, Light headedness, Sluggishness, Forgetfulness, Confusion, Difficulty walking, Behavioral disorders, Dementia, Reduced sense of taste, Increase irritability, Loss of reflexes, Fevers, Old symptoms returning, Heart palpitations, Bleeding easily.

cph13

@ freddd During the 3 weeks of dealing with the MSM and juicing I was mostly bedridden....horribly depressed
I fit the Group 1 Freddd. and really still do except things are lifting
grp 1..with these exceptions
no stomach ache, no skin rashes, no cheilitis or cancer sores...Coated tongue only when on antibiotics and inhalers, seldom runny nose. no allergies, no MCS, no lightheadedness, no difficulty walking, no reduced sense of taste, fevers (this year) no bleeding easily

cph13

@ freddd
I also don't cramp....body looking for potassium although as I said on another thread by Bloodwork of pot. is 3.5. Certainly NOT what U consider OK. Drs. say nothing. I take 99mg a day of pot. increased it to 2-99mg the other night cause I felt tightness in legs coming on. Other than taht I don't PHYSICALLY see a need for pot. (well may pot but not potassium, LOL. Pot would really screw me up, I think) Anyway, like most, I'm reaching for the stars and trying like the dickens to get that 4 weeks happy, glow back and that was only on 1mg of enzy of b12 and 1/4 of dibenz. Now, again as I stated in another tread. 3mg of enzy and 1-dibenz. bout 2,000 folate. "Where is that lovin' feelin?" hugs

Asklipia

Any understand of my situation that you can share and any information is greatly appreciated. Happy Healing
Hugs
cph13 :
- cure for cancer, no idea, but get cancer to proliferate is easily achieved by taking Fake Folates
http://www.naturalnews.com/z020550.html
- juicing = in my opinion a very bad idea as Freddd has explained. Replace that pronto with lamb stew three times a day and lick your plate.
- I would replace most of the supplementation with this = http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bains-dérivatifs.15574/ and sunbathing and going to bed at 9:30.

Good luck!
Be well!
Asklipia
:devil: FFP :devil:

cph13

Problems with juicing can be salicylate sensitivity. I am ok with celery juice which is low in salicylate. I read somewhere that some folk are set off when they start juicing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylate_sensitivity
Oy, more learning and reading. I spend my days LEARNING ......and........FORGETTING. It's so bloomin' upsetting. Going to get my Easter Dinner now....hair appt at 2:00pm and dinner thereafter....so when do I clean?????? Never, too tired. People in my building are so nosey. They say, "huh, look at her. Dressed to the nines' ; in full makeup and no one has ever been invited in her home". BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, eat your hearts out you nosy biatches. OK, I'm done blowin' off steam.
Brenda, I will get to salisytes (sp?0
Askl, I WILL use the BD, sounds terrific and I WILL get some lamb stew meat RIGHT NOW along with my rack, LOL
Freddd, U will get to me when U get to me.
Everyone celebrate whatever it is you celebrate. I lately celebrate breathing (it's been difficult with the weather. I have emphezema, copd. yada yada yada
Today, I have to be still from 1-3 this afternoon. OK so a hair appt is still ?????? I am thrilled that I have not had a piece of meat in 5 days.....just a little sacrifice I did. I love my meat even though it backs me up. OK, TMI already.
Everyone, be well. Thank you for all your advice and info. I WILL RETURN. hugs C

Asklipia

and I WILL get some lamb stew meat RIGHT NOW along with my rack, LOL
Lamb stew :
Cut up the meat in lemon-size pieces. Rinse under the tap. YOU MUST PUT THE BONES IN TOO! This is why you shouls eat lamb stew and not roast lamb.
In your pan (NO NON-STICK!!!), put some of the lamb's fat to melt (for free at the butcher's if you don't have enough on your meat : check before going out of the shop), otherwise a dash of olive oil or a mixture of both fat and olive oil.
Slice an onion and lightly fry, then add the meat and turn it around to seal the juices in.

Then 3 possibilities depending on the season :
1 - Add a couple of more onions, a couple of carrots and turnips also if you have. 2 bay leaves, a pinch of thyme or oregano, four cloves of garlic crushed, water to cover. After about 90 mn it should be tender. Add some potatoes. When those are ready, add salt and pepper. Done
2 - Add 5 tomatoes juiced (NO TINS!!!!), 2 bay leaves, a pinch of thyme or oregano, a couple of sticks of cinnamon, water to cover. After about 90 mn it should be tender. Add salt and pepper. Serve with rice (REAL RICE : the sticky kind used for making rice pudding- NOT PARBOILED RICE). Done
3 - Add half of the following cut in ribbons (the rest is in a bowl waiting for the end).
Two nice big lettuces, a handful of parsley, a handful of mint, a handful of green onions, a handful of dill, five cloves of garlic cut up (if you don't have all the herbs never mind, but you need 2 lettuces). Water to cover.
After 90 mn, it is tender and hopefully not burnt (check from time to time if you need to add water.
Then add potatoes to cook in the juice.
When potatoes are done, take some of the broth and keep to the side in a cup. Add the bowl of remaining herbs in the pan. In the cup add the juice of half a lemon to the broth, beat it together with an egg.
Take the pan off the fire and gingerly mix the content of your cup into the stew. Salt and pepper.

Good luck
Asklipia

cph13

Lamb stew :
Cut up the meat in lemon-size pieces. Rinse under the tap.
In your pan (NO NON-STICK!!!), put some of the lamb's fat to melt (for free at the butcher's if you don't have enough on your meat : check before going out of the shop), otherwise a dash of olive oil or a mixture of both fat and olive oil.
Slice an onion and lightly fry, then add the meat and turn it around to seal the juices in.

Then 3 possibilities depending on the season :
1 - Add a couple of more onions, a couple of carrots and turnips also if you have. 2 bay leaves, a pinch of thyme or oregano, four cloves of garlic crushed, water to cover. After about 90 mn it should be tender. Add some potatoes. When those are ready, add salt and pepper. Done
2 - Add 5 tomatoes juiced (NO TINS!!!!), 2 bay leaves, a pinch of thyme or oregano, a dash of cinnamon, water to cover. After about 90 mn it should be tender. Add salt and pepper. Serve with rice (REAL RICE : the sticky kind used for making rice pudding- NOT PARBOILED RICE). Done
3 - Add half of the following cut in ribbons (the rest is in a bowl waiting for the end).
Two nice big lettuces, a handful of parsley, a handful of mint, a handful of green onions, a handful of dill, five cloves of garlic cut up (if you don't have all the herbs never mind, but you need 2 lettuces). Water to cover.
After 90 mn, it is tender and hopefully not burnt (check from time to time if you need to add water.
Then add potatoes to cook in the juice.
When potatoes are done, take some of the broth and keep to the side in a cup. Add the bowl of remaining herbs in the pan. In the cup add the juice of half a lemon to the broth, beat it together with an egg.
Take the pan off the fire and gingerly mix the content of your cup into the stew. Salt and pepper.

Good luck
Asklipia
Glad I check before I went to the store. This sounds amazing. Do you flour the meat before browning? Lots of garlic I am a garlic lover. I lowered my DH's blood pressure / garlic sandwiches daily. Dr. said, "my machine must be broke". That was when I first found out most drs. heads are broke. Thank you ever so lmuch. I may just pass on the rack of lamb and save lots of money.......Amazing site...they help heal you and than try to feed you amazing recipies Hugs

Crux

cph13

Hi cph;
Am I correct that you're taking 2000 mcg. folate daily? A blood test result of potassium, 3.5?
I believe that this combination of high dose folate and low potassium could be problematic. Along with the muscle tightness, there could be shortness of breath, and constipation, among other things. ( It's possible that increasing potassium could elevate the mood...it helps mine. It also relieves my constipation and shortness of breath.)

I find folate to be a great mood elevator, but too much can be overstimulating. While many people have great results with MSM as an anti-inflammatory, I also had side effects from it. Juicing can be trouble for some of us because it can raise blood sugar too quickly.

I'm glad you seem to planning to ease things a bit now. I agree that a good home cooked meal could do wonders, especially with the added garlic!

Asklipia

Do you flour the meat before browning?
No flour. Flour is needed to give more taste because of the gluten inside. Think Fake Folates!!!!!
Plenty of taste in the other ingredients.

AND NO BREAD to mop the sauce. This is why I said : lick your plate.

cph13

cph13

Hi cph;
Am I correct that you're taking 2000 mcg. folate daily? A blood test result of potassium, 3.5?
I believe that this combination of high dose folate and low potassium could be problematic. Along with the muscle tightness, there could be shortness of breath, and constipation, among other things. ( It's possible that increasing potassium could elevate the mood...it helps mine. It also relieves my constipation and shortness of breath.)

I find folate to be a great mood elevator, but too much can be overstimulating. While many people have great results with MSM as an anti-inflammatory, I also had side effects from it. Juicing can be trouble for some of us because it can raise blood sugar too quickly.

I'm glad you seem to planning to ease things a bit now. I agree that a good home cooked meal could do wonders, especially with the added garlic!
Hello Crux,
I never get night cramps which is what I was looking for BUT........SOBreath, slow moving gut....U people are just amazing....OVERSTIMULATING......cheeze, I must be dead....doesn't phase me in the least but I will stop here and upt the pot. How much would U say???? 2-99mg???? or more???????

I was doing only greens kale, parsley, garlic, onion...but NO MORE. People tell me to test the waters. NOT, let the youngins' practice trying to figure this stuff out. Whn I'm going up.....I keep climbing. 1988-2013 is a LONG TIME, the drs. had a field day with me a WELLBUTRIN among others. I am as clean as the pure drivin' snow now. Just the Klonepin has to get off my back and it will. I cut 1/4 v. slowly....still, I know when I plan on this I will need FREDDD and all your help but I will do it. I have the arsenal set to SLEEP while titrating down.
@asklipidia, these crazies in NJ want 4.99 lb for lamb bones; no stew meat. I got my rack for 9.99 my treat. I will go get a semi-boneless leg of lamb @2.99 a lb and have them butterfly it. Next week I will be in heaven with Lamb stew. Wanna come over....bring Crux with ya. I just bot 3 bottles of champagne...for a taste...rest for friends like U guys 8-p
CHOW and thanks !!!!!!!!