• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Facebook Phobia a CFS issue?

PhoenixDown

For example FB starts by getting you to create an account with your email address.
It then prompts you to log in and you type in that email address's password. Too
late, you have now handed FB access to your email account, possibly giving them access
to important financial information, certainly your acquaintances. That is a despicable trick...
This is simply not true. Facebook does not force you to give them your email account's password.

Nielk

This year, each person gets only 2 votes for the whole contest period through Facebook. If one uses the "bonus vote", it makes it three. In addition, if one is a Chase customer, one can get two votes through Chase on-line.

If you are thinking "why should I get involved with this?", I would say this is such a unique opportunity that it would be a real shame to pass up.

With just a few clicks of your mouse (which you are touching right now anyway), you can help one or more of these ME/CFS organizations earn much needed funding. This is really an easy one. You will feel good knowing that you did your part.

Mouse girl

I did not "come out" on facebook as being ill until after I won my disability case. I use my real name.

It is safe to assume that anything you post on facebook under your real name is public. Even though, I keep up with the privacy settings, anyone can print out what you write and tell others about it etc. This is why many people have lost their jobs when they don't think about what they post. I don't put anything up that I wouldn't want people to know. So, I post cute pics of cats, or music vid, and I also use it to spread awareness of CFIDS. I try to space out my activist stuff with fun stuff so that I don't overload people with "sad" things. Keeps em more interested in me which makes my advocasy more effective. But, I would not have done any of this if I could have worked.

It's kinda a great way for grass roots advocasy. I've had alot of kind comments about good vids I've put up.