• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

eyelids swollen in morning

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
When I go to sleep, I notice my left eyelid swells and it takes a while to open. I am going to get my usual eye check soon and I will ask, but do you all know why it might happen? I don't think I am retaining water since my rings fit the same.

Mainly my left eye, just when I sleep. In a few seconds, it opens fine. Never happens while I am awake. I sleep on my back, head up. Seems like that would be good.

leaves

yeah, screams food allergy to me. I used to have that in the morning, and overall feeling awful in the morning, cleaned up my diet and that kind of disappeared

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
In spring they were itchy, maybe a bit now. Could be dry too. I am really good about keeping allergens out. Wood flooring with rugs, mattress covers etc. Who knows. could be allergy. Happens when I get to sleep. Wonder if eyelids get "heavy" when sleepy with blood supply. Maybe my left eye is slow to lose the blood when waking.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Oh wow - I am happy that someone else has a swollen eyelid at times. I am always terrified of infection in the skullbone reappearing. I didn't realize others got one swollen eyelid also. sorry I am not happy you got it just that I am not the only one. I wonder how many other symptons we have in common that we never mention geeez I am frequently thinking there is a creeping infection in the head and maybe body is on and off fighting it??
glen

serenity

sometimes yes, not often. but as a child, they would get swollen shut. it's not that bad anymore but they do swell.