• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Extreme cases only in U.K.?

I was bedbound 24-7 before for months. That is miserable. I couldn't even make a post here.

I just have remind myself it could be worse and recognize those who are worse off than I am.

Maybe the water, food, and drugs make it worse in the United States and UK?

I know we have flouride in the tap water. All our food is loaded with lab created flavorings and stuff many less developed countries don't eat as much. I know everybody here get drugs, which often contain flouride and are hard on the stomach. We also have loads of vaccines for years other countries havn't had as long?

For instance Iran, which is not under influence of the United States has a very young and healthy population.

I know the United States imports foreigners who are often well educated and healthy. I often think these foreigners from developong countries are healthier and more productive because they didn't have the lyme, chlamydia, and heavy metal poising that I had from 1985 which prevented me from going to college and being able to remember. Used to have a photographic memory, now I can't remember to change the laundry.

mellster

Marco
For the US honestly Dr Oz would be a slam dunk, he aired short and superficial segments about FM and chronic fatigue (not CFS) a few times, but nothing in depth. But I feel they could actually be persuaded by a strong advocacy, he routinely has 'controversional' MDs on his show.

In a chat with allyb something came up that allyb wanted me to comment on. I have been talking to people about this DVD. It occurs to me that we should be approaching producers etc. of TV shows that show this kind of thing to encourage them to consider airing it on TV. In Australia that show would be Four Corners, an in-depth investigative reporting TV show, the only one with the kind of scope and depth needed. Where in your media, in your country, is there a similar show you can approach? Please think about it. Bye,Alex

Jarod

For the US honestly Dr Oz would be a slam dunk, he aired short and superficial segments about FM and chronic fatigue (not CFS) a few times, but nothing in depth. But I feel they could actually be persuaded by a strong advocacy, he routinely has 'controversional' MDs on his show.

He did a real good segment where he exposed arsenic in apple juice against heavy pressure to not do the show.

Television's Dr. Mehmet Oz is under fire from the FDA and others for sounding what they say is a false alarm about the dangers of apple juice.

The Food and Drug Administration said its own tests show no such thing, even on one of the same juice batches Oz cited.

"There is no evidence of any public health risk from drinking these juices. And FDA has been testing them for years," the agency said in a statement.

The flap escalated Thursday, when Oz's former medical school classmate Dr. Richard Besser lambasted him on ABC's "Good Morning America" show for what Besser called an "extremely irresponsible" report that was akin to "yelling 'Fire!' in a movie theater."

Besser was acting head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before joining ABC news as health and medical editor several years ago.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-20107162.html

then a change of heart by the FDA after he did the show....

The Dr. Oz Show has been communicating with the FDA since the original broadcast in September. The FDA sent letters to the show in September saying that the majority of arsenic in apple juice is organic or the harmless kind. In a conference call with The Dr. Oz Show in October and in an email sent on November 29th, the FDA says it's researching the new evidence suggesting the majority of arsenic in apple juice is inorganic. In addition, the FDA told The Dr. Oz Show that there are two forms of organic arsenic in apple juice that are potentially harmful.

The Dr. Oz Show has learned that the FDA is re-evaluating the level of concern for juice, currently at 23 parts per billion. The FDAs level of concern was based on an assessment that did not include the risk of cancer from arsenic.

The FDA also disclosed new data from the monitoring program for arsenic in juice. Nine previously undisclosed test results reveal arsenic levels above the current level of concern, 23 parts per billion.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/arsenic-apple-juice