May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Exploring potential biomarkers for ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Cheesus, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Noble, A. J. K. (2017). Exploring potential biomarkers for ME/CFS (Thesis, Master of Science). University of Otago.

http://hdl.handle.net/10523/7153

This is the abstract for an MSc thesis. It is great to see biomedicine students interested in ME!

2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Inspired/influenced by her advisor Warren Tate I would imagine, who also researches ME/CFS.

3. Jill

Jill Senior Member

Auckland, NZ
    Excellent and note this is only a masters thesis , let's hope they get funded for a Phd. I know for a fact that the neurological foundation that supports warrens Alzheimer's research turned down applications for studying ME . ANZMES has been left trying to find it .
    More from prof Tate at invest in ME conf

Webdog, ballard, Aroa and 4 others like this.
  4. Murph

Murph :)

Looks great! A researcher with a lot of potential to help us.

Interesting that the performance of ME/CFS cells seemed to be the same as people with MS. Not sure what to make of that.

Cohen2 and Cheesus like this.
  5. Cohen2

Cohen2 Senior Member

New Zealand
    The next study Alexandra Noble is doing is looking at the mitochondria of ME patients. I think I posted some specifics in another thread. @Jill unfortunately this next study has been turned down for funding by the department that funds Chronic disease research.

Hutan, L'engle, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  6. Jill

Jill Senior Member

Auckland, NZ
    Typical . Terrible thing is they prob don't even know what ME is .
    I've been gradually educating the clinical director at middlemore , not that any of the staff there are anybthe wiser really .

Hutan, Cheesus, AndyPR and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.