• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excess TMG and methylation...

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I've been taking TMG recently and getting good effects from 500mg, twice a day (morning and noon). More stamina, better mood and neurotransmitter production.

Then I read on another forum that taking the TMG tablets sublingually -- dissolve under tongue slowly -- was MUCH more effective than swallowing them.

So I tried it.

It worked. For two days, it was great. Even more good mood and more energy. Then the 3rd i was overmethylated and anxious, fearful, overstimulated, depressed.

Overmethylation brings out latest psychological issues and truama for me.

I will say that the TMG overmethylation wasn't as bad as overmethylation with methylfolate and those specific side effects of muscle tension.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
i think I don't need TMG twice daily as that can overstimulate me.

Studies show that TMG will reduce homocysteine at once a day.

Folate and B12 are not as effective according to this excellent article on Homocysteine Reduction