• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Even though our aerobic system is broken

Seven7

Seven
How do you overcome the pain? Latic acid one? I get tired and slow when too much in the body. I take a lot of the supplements to not avail. Is like I have a super production factory of Latic acid. I do low impact exercise (squats, bands...)

Johnskip

How do you overcome the pain? Latic acid one? I get tired and slow when too much in the body. I take a lot of the supplements to not avail. Is like I have a super production factory of Latic acid. I do low impact exercise (squats, bands...)
I have been in pain so long you actually get used to it but to gain muscle you have to push limits and then suffer consequences not good would not recommend it but I have anger in me over this bigtime

Countrygirl

I have been in pain so long you actually get used to it but to gain muscle you have to push limits and then suffer consequences not good would not recommend it but I have anger in me over this bigtime

I know people on life support machines and paralysed through taking this approach. Do you really want to take this risk? Please think carefully about the risks you are taking.

When I was diagnosed we had muscle biopsies taken and Coxsackie B infection was found in the muscle. The infection was responsible for an outbreak of polio in Russia. This illness, in fact, used to be known as atypical polio.

People with polio became paralysed if they exercised, which may be relevant to some of us. Please take care and treat this illness with respect. You may have developed an unrelated condition, but take care just in case or until you understand it better. It is preferable to maintain limited function than no function at all.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Me too when I can do it, but I cant figure out the away from food part, if I have to do it 2h before or after food. I eat often for energy.

I guess I'm not so strict about its timing around food. I used to take it pre-ME to settle my migraine stomach.. and seriously just took it whenever I needed it. I do the same now. I try not to take it actually with my food, but 20 mins either side seems to work okay for me.