• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Even the common cold...

PeterPositive

Well ... yes, stress kills :)... sometimes. Other times it simply makes things worse.
Is it a big news?

Lo and behold one of my worst crashes happened during a period of major stress, and the already bad health was feeding more stress in a lovely downward spiral. Now I have been 5 years stress free and the magic healing hasn't happened anyways. So... it's not all about stress, is it?

I have no problem with the concept that stress can worsen one's condition or ability to deal with an illness. Typically when you're seriously ill (even just a bad flu) your priorities change, you give yourself enough time to rest and avoid further strain and finally recover...

Am I missing the point of the article? Or is the article just stating the obvious?

Gijs

How do they meassure stress and the effect to an infection like a cold in people? Are there 2 groups in the study? I don't think so. I have never seen any scientific objective proof in patiënts with a cold that stress making them worse. It is new age pseudoscience.