• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

European ME Alliance Meets in European Parliament

Jo Best

Recordings of the presentations at the Care4ME Conference are now on youtube in nine (I think) videos.

Part One (no English subtitles) features Dr. Greta Moorkens talking about the different causes of fatigue and the different diagnostic criteria, then scientific research in oncology, psychiatry and endocrinology in chronic fatigue syndrome.

Jo Best

Part Two. Mr. Koen Deraedt explained the policy on ME/CFS in Belgium and showed an initial evaluation of the rehabilitation agreement which UZ Leuven started using. (no English subtitles).

Jo Best

Part Three. Dr. Anne-Marie Uyttersprot shared her experiences as a neurologist and experience expert. A unique look at ME by a doctor who experiences the condition of both sides. (no English subtitles)

Jo Best

Part Four. Cardiologist Dr. Visser gives more explanation about Orthostatic Intolerance in ME/CFS.

Jo Best

Part Five. Paediatrician Dr. Nigel Speight on his experience of children with ME and how they and their parents are treated by the system.

Jo Best

Part Six. Dr. Jo Cambridge talked about her work around B cells and Rituximab and her interest in ME/CFS.

Jo Best

Part Seven. Dr. Olli Polo shared his knowledge about non-restorative sleep and dysautonomy in ME/CFS.

Jo Best

Part Eight. Professor Simon Carding talked about his research on the role of the gut in ME/CFS in the context of the translational biomedical research programme of the Invest in ME Research Centre of Excellence for ME, and about the European initiatives for research into ME, Euromene and EMERG (European ME Research Group).

Jo Best

Dr. Louise Brinth (MD from Denmark) spoke about 'quality of life' in ME/CFS; a study with colleague Hvidberg.