• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

estrogen dominanace...

A zombie

is excessive peeing a sign?
I know i'm dealing with it , im just wondering if excessive peeing is a symptom and what causes it?
also, just started DIM and prengoalone. Anyone have any advice? when will i see a possitive result?

Ema

Frequent urination can be a symptom of many, many things including low or high estrogen.

It can also be associated with neurological illnesses like MS as well as diabetes.

There is also a difference between frequency of voiding and excessive amounts of urine. The latter can be a result of a hormonal problem with ADH. This is usually fixed with a nasal desmopressin spray.

So there are many things that can cause this symptom, some of which are more serious than others. If it continues, I would have it checked out by a doctor.

Did you have your sex hormones tested? What were your levels?

Ema

A zombie

I've had my sex hormones tested. Last time i was low P (i think around 5) and higher E, the last few times sex hormones have been tested my E is on the rise...
I've noticed some foods will make it worse for me, but yesterday I didn't think I ate anything incriminating. I feel i have that bladder condition called ... shoot I forget the name... but it is a bladder condition :) i was thinking, maybe the high E could be causing it though.
I need to get aldosterone tested too... but the excessive peeing isn't every night. When i was eating lots of lemons (unknowingly that lemons are a bladder irritant).
I've been dealing with a lot of E dom symptoms...

Symptomatic

How's your calcium? My hypercalcemia caused me to pee excessively (to the point that I needed a second container for my 24-hour urine test). Regardless of the official calcium range, if it's regularly over 10 I'd look into it.

A zombie

just looked at labs and calcium was 9.5 , so not high... my sodium is low and so is potassium.
sodium-138 and potassium 3.3.
i drinkt sea salt water and just started 99 mgs of potas 2x a day

Journeyman

I know i'm dealing with it , im just wondering if excessive peeing is a symptom and what causes it?
also, just started DIM and prengoalone. Anyone have any advice? when will i see a possitive result?

Does estrogen cause water retention? If so then it makes perfect sense that starting DIM would cause the hormones to shift and so water retention to reduce (hence lots of peeing) ??

Rand56

I'd be real careful taking DIM. It can be powerful stuff. If I were you, I'd go low and slow. I took it once, followed the dosing instructions on the bottle, and within a very short amount of time <only a couple of days> my joints slightly ached and I also got a raw and slightly burning tongue which indicated to me I shot my E down too low since E is involved in saliva production.

Rand

A zombie

Journeymen...
I just started the DIM , the excessive peeing has been going on for months.
YIKES, Rand! were you high E to begin with?
I'm having serious E dom symptoms , plus the blood tests does reveal i'm E dom. Each time i test the E goes up , the has been going down.
Funny thing, my joints were aching so bad (carpal tunnel) before i started (that is a sign of E dom) and it's gone away. I just noticed this :)

Rand56

Journeymen...
I just started the DIM , the excessive peeing has been going on for months.
YIKES, Rand! were you high E to begin with?
I'm having serious E dom symptoms , plus the blood tests does reveal i'm E dom. Each time i test the E goes up , the has been going down.
Funny thing, my joints were aching so bad (carpal tunnel) before i started (that is a sign of E dom) and it's gone away. I just noticed this :)

According to my last blood test I was high...41.2. Range 7.6 - 42.6. LEF recommends males to be around the 25 level. Haven't had it checked recently to see where I stand.

Rand56

how much DIM were you taking?

No more than what the instructions said. 2 to 4 capsules one or two times daily. I even cut back on it and I just didn't feel good taking it. Chalk it up to my effed up system LOL. It was Allergy Research Group brand so it's possible it could be a potent brand. Hopefully my continued use of zinc picolinate and trying to take off this extra 15 lbs of stubborn belly fat can bring my levels down.