• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Esther Crawley - talk 17th Nov Mood disorders Centre, Exeter Uni

slysaint

University of Exeter

Professor Esther Crawley (University of Bristol) - Title TBC

Mood Disorders Centre Think Tank seminar series

A Mood Disorders Centre seminar
Date
17 November 2017
Time 12:00 to 13:00
Place Mood Disorders Centre
Mood Disorders Centre Think Tank seminar series

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/news/events/details/index.php?event=7482

Why?o_O(I am being sarcastic here.....)

Last edited:

duncan

Were he still alive, William Peter Blatty might be inclined to write about some of these people.

Countrygirl

Was it Exter Uni where the infamous MUPPETS conference took place earlier this year?

Yes, it was. Sadly it is my local hospital and the attitude to people with ME is reprehensible.

When I was taken into A&E fairly recently (I refused to allow an ambulance to take me there again), a doctor whispered in my ear:

'Once the staff know you have a diagnosis of ME, don't expect to be treated kindly'

I was there with cardiac problems and with dangerously high BP that was causing organ damage.

The threat of abuse from the staff didn't help my situation.

There is a cultural of disbelief in the existence of ME there and also contempt of the patient with that diagnosis.

Countrygirl

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/mooddisorders/thinktank/

Anyone free to go as it seems open to all?

The Think-Tank seminar series
Every year the Mood Disorders Centre presents the Think-Tank seminar series, inviting external speakers from around the world to present on a variety of topics relating to mood and mental health. See the Previous external speakers section for a sample list of topics discussed.

The Think-Tank is free of charge and anyone is invited to join us, no registration is required.

Time and venue
12:00 to 1:00pm on the dates specified below.

The Think-Tanks take place in the Sir Henry Wellcome Building for Mood Disorders Research on the University's Streatham Campus.

Follow the links below for more information on a particular Think-Tank topic:

When Description Location Add to your calendar
17 November 2017
Professor Esther Crawley (University of Bristol) - Title TBC
Mood Disorders Centre Think Tank seminar series. Full details