• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Esther Crawley - Special Educational Needs - 21st September 2017

Hajnalka

A151wZXziRL._RI_SX200_.jpg

Countrygirl

I think I like the sound of Marmaduke Encephalitis...................it has a certain...............je ne sais quoi. :whistle:................I will keep to it I think when I have to fill in questionnaires. Will anyone notice? :p I doubt it..........they dismiss ME anyway so might as well have a bit of fun with the medical profession.

Now I am preparing for the the dreaded PIP questionnaire..............I wonder what the DWP will make of Marmaduke Encephalitis?

It grows on you! :)

Thank you Esther!

slysaint

Found this on AfMEs website:

"SEN magazine features report into false accusations
September 26, 2017

Action for M.E.’s report into the experiences of families affected by M.E. who’ve faced false accusations of abuse, neglect and fabricated/induced illness has been featured in Special Educational Needs Magazine, which is sent to teachers, SENCOs, carers, parents, therapists and special need practitioners across the country.
Our report being included in the magazine is a great opportunity to educate thousands of staff working with young people about the realities of M.E.

Our survey of 270 families found that one in five respondents said they had had a safeguarding/child protection referral made against them. Nearly half of the claims were of fabricated/induced illness or FII (previously known as Munchausen’s by Proxy), which occurs when a parent or carer exaggerates or deliberately causes symptoms of illness in the child.

In response to these findings, Action for M.E. will take action by sharing our survey results with policy-makers and professionals, including parliamentarians and the Chief Social Worker for Children and Families. We will be inviting them to work with us to increase understanding of M.E. among frontline staff, and reduce the number of families subjected to false accusations."

(the sick irony is too much)

wastwater

Marmaduke is the one who reviews all the latest ME research and then gives her feedback on it,he has a lot to answer for

Last edited: