Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Equillibrant - How long can I stay on it?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by lnester7, Jan 4, 2018.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    TO all,

I have been prescribed equilibrant and Have been on it for years (5 maybe) I had coaxaquie b2 and I am on 2 pills a day for maintenance, If I stop it my Heart burn comes back and I am very happy on it, but I wonder if it won't kill the good stuff too (and the bad) so I don't want to mess up my gut Flora, Does anybody know how long I can take this safely? should stop and maybe figure out which of all the ingredients make my heart burn ok and isolate that??? Also each box is $50 so would be nice to save some money.

2. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    If you have been on it for 5 years surely it would have had a bad effect on gut flora long ago. I cant imagine stopping it now is going to make any difference. If you are worried about it maybe you could try lowering the dose.

lnester7 likes this.
  3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Good suggestion I will see the least I can get away with to lower acid reflux once it gets under control again

4. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    Oh yeah one other thing that can help the reflux. Raise the head end of your bed up about 6". Get gravity on your side!!

lnester7 likes this.
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Yes I do that, I have a hiatal hernia so I struggle with this. When I had bad POTs, I start throwing up and I could not stop the gag reflux so I hive (gag) until I am dry, anyway is what I think happened.

6. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    I expect you know that reflux can cause some serious health probs in the long term. Dont want to worry but you need to get on top of this, even if it means taking Meds you are not happy with.

lnester7 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.