• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epstein-Barr virus - Autoimmunity and a Wily Virus: Is There a Link? (Article)

Wally

@Firestorm. I believe this thread is still about EBV. If you read through the different posts, I believe the discussion between Forum members brought up some other interesting points/insights. Specifically, the discussion may be touching on ideas about how EBV may be transmitted or reactivated.

The information I was providing in this thread related to a forum member bringing up thyroiditis (which science may be finding does have a relationship to EBV (i.e. Autoimmune Hashimotos Thyroiditis), as well as how bees, ticks or other arthropods may carry a variety of viruses such as EBV. The further discussion (with reference to a video and a book review) relates to Plum Island, a U.S. Federal Government facility where experimentation has taken place using animals, viruses and bacteria, as well as a short discussion in the video related to zoonotics.

I believe Anciendaze was responding to something in the video/book review that talked about Lyme Disease and Plum Island (a very controversial topic) that he/she felt warranted a caveat should someone viewing/reading this thread not have a sufficient background in the history/politics of Lyme Disease that they could become concerned/upset by some of the references/hypotheses set forth in the video. While the reference to Lyme disease may not have been specifically on point to EBV, I believe the discussion is still within the context of viruses (i.e. EBV) and how these "wily" things may move around in our population.

Hope this explanation helps you understand how the discussion occurring on this thread still relates back to that "Wily Virus" EBV, which was the subject of this thread.