• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enzymes - any use for ME?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The site www.enzymestuff.com claims the protocol using digestive enzymes before and in between meals can alleviate the symptoms of CFS and many degenerative diseases, including autism.
I've tried it for a few days and it has already mitigated my terrible food reactions to wheat. I don't have Celiac disease!

I'm quoting this from another thread, because I thought it was interesting but I don't feel able to assess the claims - anybody got any views/experiences?

ukxmrv

I've been using digestive enzymes of different types for about 10 years. No miracle cure for me sadly.

Lotus97

I've heard that certain enzymes can help break up the biofilm. Also, it's important to note that for certain health issues (including biofilm), the enzymes need to be taken on an empty stomach in between meals rather than with a meal.

I think supplements are an individual thing though. What works for one person doesn't work for another. I've learned this partially through personal experience, but also from reading literally 1000s of customer reviews on iHerb.