• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Entire USA ME/CFS research budget cut?

Dolphin

The CDC budget is $5.4 million per year, which is very substantial in the ME/CFS world.

It is just for their internal research team though a lot of their research involves working with some expert clinicians and collecting data on their patients.

The NIH budget is mainly for researchers anywhere to apply grants. They also have an internal research programme also.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...s-regarding-the-cdc-budget.53233/#post-884926

HowToEscape?

CDC are the champs who tagged the lake Tahoe outbreak event as a "nothing to see here, it's a case of mass hysteria", I believe they came up with the dismissive label of chronic fatigue syndrome. Their specialty is infectious disease.

Public health authorities are far more responsive to infectious diseases than to illnesses attributed to metabolic dysfunctions. Conversely, diagnostic testing corporations benefit in proportion to the number of novel metabolites that can be tested in the pursuit of “precision medicine.” This may explain the current investments into the metabolomics of CFS. A downside of this approach is that it detracts from public health authorities having to address the underlying infectious cause of CFS and related illnesses. Patient support groups, which are better informed about stealth adapted viruses, could possibly help change the Government’s perspective. Published articles on stealth adapted viruses are available on the Internet.