• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Energy Vs Pain SeeSaw

ChrisD

After having Fibromyalgia for more than a year (Even though it has been better with diet and supps), before and after the onset of my more severe CFS, I have noticed that if I am to have strong Fibro symptoms, then I will have more energy. But if I have no Fibromyalgia, then I don't have any energy at all.

I have read that this could be to do with Lactic acidosis. Does anyone else experience this?

Also I have noticed that I can wake up in the morning and feel Okay, if I get up at that moment then I won't have fatigue or pain to the degree that if I just lie there for five minutes, so much malaise comes on, and nerve pain throughout my arms and hands and key areas like shoulders/hips. It's so bizarre!