• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Endocrine Disorders Removed from Social Security List of Impairments"

Dolphin

I got this a couple of days ago from The Invisible Disabilities Association. I thought it might be of interest to one or more people:

June 7, 2011 - "...the Social Security Administration (SSA) will remove endocrine disorders from its Listing of Impairments used to evaluate Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) applications. Allsup, the nations leading SSDI representation organization, explains what this change could mean to individuals with diabetes, hypoglycemia, thyroid disorders and other endocrine disorders who are unable to work and contemplating filing for SSDI."

Full article at: http://www.invisibledisabilities.or...crine-disorders-removed-social-security-list/

No questions to me on this (I don't even live in the US). (I'm not saying there can't be a discussion of course, just I most likely won't say anything).