• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EMF sensitivity may be about to push me offline again

hixxy

I have been spending so much time online lately because I have nothing else to do and the contact with others keeps me from despair, but my EMF sensitivity has escalated majorly because of it. I suspect I'm going to disappear offline again soon. I couldn't use a computer at all most of last year.

Saddens me greatly. Truly don't know how I will cope with the isolation again. :cry: How can this illness continue to be so cruel?

xrunner

I'm sorry to hear that. I never had it so I really don;t know what it really involves.
A friend of mine used to have it and severe MCS also. He had to take all electrics off in an area of his house so he could have a place where he could live in peace.
Yes, it's a very cruel illness, quite unfair also, I find.
Hope it will settle down for you.

All the best

ps: Obviously the qlink doesn't help with that either!
pps: I read some get relief from grounding/earthing (not sure though but at least it's free...)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Have you tried diodes? Some are probably scams but there also seem to be some good ones that test well.

Sushi

taniaaust1

***hugz*** very sorry to hear that hizzy. How about getting some penpals from here? if so.. tell us what isnt good for your MCS as far as writing stuff goes (are you okay with typed printed letters? or does print bother your MCS?.
I find it very hard to hand write by hand due hand shakes and pain but could be a pen pal if you wanted me to be if you are okay with ink/print).

my address is
Tania Selth
15 Richardson Ave
Strathalbyn
5255 Sth Australia

if you pm me your address.. we could write a times while you arent able to come here.
I just thought of something else.. I can do phone messages okay.. I'll pm you my home number.

Dufresne

almost there...
Hi Hixxy, sorry to hear you're having more trouble. It's sometimes hard to think of this disease as impersonal, like it's not the result of an evil warlock with a voodoo doll in the microwave.

I don't know if I've posted about this in the past, but the only way I've been able to manage my EHS is by keeping a very low mineral intake; just meat and vegetables. The only explanation I can think of here is that it makes one less conductive. Even eating nuts markedly exacerbates my EHS. I doubt this is good for the health in the long run, but it's a life saver for me while I continue to live on the grid.

maddietod

Hixxy, I've got a super-sensitive friend who uses a shield like Caledonia mentions. I hope you find something that works.......don't go away!

Penpals is a good idea too. PM me if you want my address.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hixxy, I've got a super-sensitive friend who uses a shield like Caledonia mentions. I hope you find something that works.......don't go away!

Penpals is a good idea too. PM me if you want my address.

I think we mean the same thing by shield and diode? I have one on my computer, modem, and one in my pocket.

Sushi

Hanna

I am sorry hixxy. EMF sensitivity is so awful! I keep doing a grounding routine since september when I had an accute EMF crisis (brain litterarly fried! scaring!). I think it is keeping some balance to my body. Hope it will get better and you won't have to put your computer aside for a while.

caledonia

I have some experience in electronics, mostly related to guitar circuits. I believe the diode is a scam. The shielding should work.

I found an article at mercola.com on the subject and someone responded that they got an EMF meter from lessemf.com (same place that sells the shielding). That way you can figure out what is causing the worst problem, which gives you something to shoot for, instead of just guessing. I thought this was a pretty good idea.

They have a zillion different meters at all different prices, but you can call them and they will help you pick out a suitable meter.

Rich says the reason people have EMF sensitivity is because the myelin sheath (aka natural shielding) around their nerves has eroded. The ultimate solution would be rebuild the myelin sheath by using the Simplified Methylation Protocol.

taniaaust1

I dont know if this really works or not but I used to know someone at another site who had EMF issues who used to always be on about salt (800g) and bicarb (baking soda..250g) baths helped those with EMF and helped get radiation from the auric field.