• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eliminating foods....

Timaca

Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone on a strict elimination diet (eating only a few foods known to not cause food intolerance/allergies) and felt better?

Has anyone eliminated either certain foods, or classes of foods (eg dairy) or compositions of foods (eg foods high in salicylates, amines, food additives and glutamate) and felt better?

I would be interested in your experiences.

Thanks in advance.
Timaca

Jenny

After decades of eliminating all sorts of things and finding no difference in my symptoms, just over the last few months I'm pretty sure that I have some sort of problem with the nightshade family (eg potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers etc.) My pain gets worse when I eat them (but excluding them hasn't meant I'm pain free).

These are high in lectin so I really ought to try to eliminate other sources of lectin (eg various grains, dairy, soy). I don't think I can face that at the moment though as I feel so ill and it's hard to think of and prepare new kinds of meals, but I am gluten free.

Hope this is of some help Timaca!

Jenny