I get zapped very easily and it happens all year long, although it does get worse during winter times when my skin becomes dry. It feels like my body is statically charged all the time and releases that charge when I touch other people. When the symptom was at its worst, I could barely use touchpad because it was zapping me and I could actually feel the electric current flow on the touchpad/keyboard. It looks like there are many terms for this condition like high voltage syndrome, electric hypersensitivity, electromagnetic hypersensitivity, etc (Source: http://weirdcommunity.wikia.com/wiki/High_Voltage_Syndrome). Some doctors say that this is caused by bacteria and we build up negative ions (electrons) when we breathe out positively charged ions (caused by bacteria/lung damage). I do have very shallow breathing pattern and tend to breathe out longer than to breathe in. This theory looks good on paper, but I am not sure if this is feasible. Also, our body system is designed to deal not so well with electricity (Source: http://amasci.com/static/e-disease.html). Two questions came to my mind as I was digging into this topic. 1. Can this negatively charged ion buildup (lots of electrons!) serve as an antioxidant (electron donors)? If our body cannot function properly with excess electricity, would excess intracellular antioxidants (glutathione, ubiquinol) hurt us in the long run? Excess extracellular antioxidants can become pro-oxidants, but I thought intracellular antioxidants were supposed to help regardless of the quantity. 2. If excess negatively charged ion buildup is bad for health, can this serve as a connection for why some people react so negatively to methylation or antioxidants? Electric hypersensitivity is definitely not imaginary and I zap everybody as if I am holding a magical wand. Is it even possible for a person to be negatively charged all the time? Does anybody know any studies, treatments, threads, or theories for this condition? I read a thread on earthing, but I am not convinced that the protocol is nothing more than placebo. I would sincerely appreciate your insight.