• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ehler Danlos Syndrome as the cause of POTS

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
I just got diagnosed with EDS by cardiologist who specializes with POTS. I got a maximum score on exam, and all my clinical history and exam findings were consistent with this diagnosis. It really ties together pretty much all of the problems I've had for most of my life - excessive scarring, poor wound healing, "double-jointedness", GI problems, easy bruising, brain fog, difficult pregnancy, poor circulation, muscle pain, joint and spine problems, poor sleep, etc. Essentially the blood gets trapped in my legs due to highly elastic veins and I suspect that this reduced circulation may even explain susceptibility to upper respiratory illnesses that led to CFS over the years. It's an autosomal dominant condition so now I need to have both of my kids genotyped too since they have 50/50 percent chance of inheriting it.
I might be moving over to EDS forum now but I just wanted to pass this on in case there are others here who might be missing this diagnosis since there is such a high cross-over between ME/CFS and EDS.