• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ecotoxicology - ABC TV Australian Story - Something In The Water

Enid

Uncomfortable viewing merylg - our parallels are so obvious - feel like saying to "officialdom" - pull the other one it's got bells on it.

merylg

Yes Enid,
It's certainly disturbing...especially as this has otherwise been promoted as one of the healthiest places one could choose to live...and maybe it used to be so. I have watched these shows a couple of times over now, and each time I pick up something new.

Environmental toxins are impacting on my own health in a big way and sorting it all out is as complex as these shows reveal. The bureaucracy that stands in the way of progress is beyond belief, until one experiences "the system" firsthand. I admire the dogged determination to find & expose the truth!

taniaaust1

Interesting esp since they wonder if genetic engineering of the plantation trees have caused it and think it may be linked it to the cancer which is putting the tasmanian devil at risk of extinction.

"Im off to go and see a patient whos got a very... a very rare cancer - Waldenstroms Anaemia. Shes one of only approximately 18 in Australia, and we just happen to have two in St Helens. And in the last perhaps six years or so weve actually seen quite few people with really quite rare autoimmune diseases of their brain for instance. Weve had a case of Wegeners Granulomatosis; its actually quite a rare disease.

So now looking back on this over the last ten years, I realize that I see many things now that as a GP... that many GPs would never see one of these cases in their working lifetime. Clearly in a population of less than 3,000 to have these rare diseases - to have this chronic ill health - there must be something on the go to explain this. "

Now why dont it surprise me that the government hasn studied this whole thing properly..