• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eating more organic food may reduce your risk of cancer: study

pattismith

Eating more organic food may reduce your risk of cancer: study

A new study on French adults shows that people who eat a lot of organic food significantly reduced their risk of two types of cancer. We look at the findings and ask: should you be increasing the amount of organic food you eat?

23 Oct 2018 - 8:25 AM UPDATED 23 Oct 2018 - 10:07 AM

Eating a diet rich in organic foods could help to reduce your risk of lymphoma and postmenopausal breast cancer, according to the results of a world-first French study.

The new research, published in the JAMA Internal Medicine today, found that people who ate a lot of organic food significantly reduced their risk of specific cancers.

Almost 70,000 French adults were involved in the study, self-reporting how often they consumed 16 different groups of organic food products including fruits and vegetables, soy-based products, condiments, chocolate, ready-to-eat meals and wine.

“Our results indicate that higher organic food consumption is associated with a reduction in the risk of overall cancer.”

The results show that participants who ate organic food more frequently had a 25 per cent lower risk of being diagnosed with postmenopausal breast cancer and lymphomas during the five-year follow-up period compared to those who ate organic food the least often.

“Our results indicate that higher organic food consumption is associated with a reduction in the risk of overall cancer,” reads the study, from Centre of Research in Epidemiology and Statistics in France and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the USA.

“We observed reduced risks for specific cancer sites (postmenopausal breast cancer, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and all lymphomas) among individuals with a higher frequency of organic food consumption.”

Mel9

Thanks @pattismith very interesting!

One of the references in the paper was intriguing. The Australian study by Oates et al (2014) showed that one week on an organic diet decreased organophosphate pesticides in the urine by nearly 90 percent.

Hard to argue against that.

pattismith

Thanks @pattismith very interesting!

One of the references in the paper was intriguing. The Australian study by Oates et al (2014) showed that one week on an organic diet decreased organophosphate pesticides in the urine by nearly 90 percent.

Hard to argue against that.

I was eating lot's of tune and salmon, and when I had a lead dosage in my blood it was too high.
I stopped eating it and my blood lead level dropped. I also started to drink bottle water.

How can we expect that eating and drinking so much neurologic toxic compounds will be safe, it cannot be.

I also had toxic exposure to organophosphates in my job when I started working, and my first big crash happened about 10 years after this exposure began. I had this crash in 2002, and in 2003 the product I was using with organophosphates was banned.

I also was using a formaldehyde product in my job at the same time, and it was banned too around the same time.

My symptoms started on a low grade when I was a teenager, at that time, the only exposure I had was from food pesticids.
Then I had a toxic formaldehyde exposure when I was a student.
Symptoms just keep increasing slowly over the time...

One pesticid exposure that have also some evidence to be directely linked to microglia activation (which is the ME/CFS problem but in other neurologic diseases) is the pyrethroid exposure:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...teraction-with-voltage-gated-sodium-ch.61921/

Pyrethroids were developped during the sixties and the seventies, but the more toxic pyrethroids were developped after 1974....They are used in agriculture on plants and animals and are persistent, so if you don't eat organic food you are exposed to it...