• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eating causing severe anxiety/depresion nose & ear pressure

I would stop folate and potassium and keep taking what is helping, in small doses
taking magnesium up to 200mg 3x daily away from meals to not disturb stomach acid should help
Yeah, I stopped folate 2 weeks ago, but I think the mainly reason of my brain fog and panic symtpoms were due folate trap (lack of b12).
I used my b12 and I'm feeling really better right now. Wow, panic sux a lot. I thought I gonna die or develop mental disturbs.

Does b12 depletes any vitamin? Because I think I'll use it alone for a while, I'm +/+ MTRR A66G so b12 is my main problem

Gondwanaland

Does b12 depletes any vitamin? Because I think I'll use it alone for a while, I'm +/+ MTRR A66G so b12 is my main problem
It depends on how much and how often you take it. I take it on its own 1-2x weekly 200mcg at at time with no concerns. I am looking for its immediate anti-inflammatory effect on the liver rather than to heal anemia or long-term B12 deficiency in the body

The half caplet b complex made me better yesterday, but this created a huge thirst for b12. Wow, I went off my mind, was totally freaking out. I'll try to learn something about this... I'll start to use mb12 alone at low doses while paying carefully attention to my body signals. Then I add a B complex here ou mfolate there.

It depends on how much and how often you take it. I take it on its own 1-2x weekly 200mcg at at time with no concerns. I am looking for its immediate anti-inflammatory effect on the liver rather than to heal anemia or long-term B12 deficiency in the body
Taking methylb12 500mcg daily, what nutrients do you think b12 can deplete?

Gondwanaland

Taking methylb12 500mcg daily, what nutrients do you think b12 can deplete?
I would suggest that you do a search about red blood cell synthesis to figure it out, because it will be getting stimulated whether you want it or not

Gondwanaland

Another piece of advice, the increased energy from excessive B12 supplementation takes a toll on thyroid and adrenals

During digestion and hormone production our bodies also generate toxins that must be disposed of. For instance: histamines, estrogen, serotonin, ammonia
endotoxin
[en´do-tok″sin]
a heat-stable toxin associated with the outer membranes of certain gram-negative bacteria, including Brucella, Neisseria, and Vibrio species. Endotoxins are not secreted but are released only when the cells are disrupted; they are less potent and less specific than the exotoxins; and they do not form toxoids. In large quantities they produce hemorrhagic shock and severe diarrhea; smaller amounts cause fever, altered resistance to bacterial infection, leukopenia followed by leukocytosis, and numerous other biologic effects.

Sorry, still not getting this. I think the category for histamines, serotonin, estrogen and ammonia must be something else, surely. Not being awkward, just trying to understand what is going on!

Gondwanaland

Sorry, still not getting this. I think the category for histamines, serotonin, estrogen and ammonia must be something else, surely. Not being awkward, just trying to understand what is going on!
Sorry, but the sources I read (mentioned above) call them endotoxin as well, I see what you mean!

Gondwanaland

@Mels from the quotes below you can see how I mixed up things, sorry about that

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/estrogen-osteoporosis.shtml
How does estrogen enhance endotoxin toxicity? Let me count the ways

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid-insanities.shtml
Stress and shock tend to increase our absorption of bacterial endotoxin from the intestine, and endotoxin causes the release of serotonin from platelets in the blood.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/menopause.shtml
Chronic constipation, and anxiety which decreases blood circulation in the intestine, can increase the liver's exposure to endotoxin. Endotoxin (like intense physical activity) causes the estrogen concentration of the blood to rise.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/lactate.shtml
Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don't always fully repair the cellular damage.

@Mels from the quotes below you can see how I mixed up things, sorry about that
Easily done, thank you for getting back to me. Have just been reading Ray Peats funnily enough and found a mention about raw carrots lowering serotonin.......maybe that is part of my problem. Think I have more than usual imbalance at the moment, I am sure whenever I try a supplement I upset something. Have had some much better days over the last 3 months or so but then I start thinking I will be able to tolerate something to try to get even better and it goes wrong again. I do believe it is definitely linked to liver health and of course even the supps reported to support the liver can cause problems. It is all so complex.

Gondwanaland

definitely linked to liver health and of course even the supps reported to support the liver can cause problems
Yes, take Milk Thistle for instance... it's touted as the ultimate liver anti-oxidant, but it high in histamine, oxalate, salicylate, you name it... There are several reasons why one person can't tolerate it...

Yes, take Milk Thistle for instance... it's touted as the ultimate liver anti-oxidant, but it high in histamine, oxalate, salicylate, you name it... There are several reasons why one person can't tolerate it...

Absolutely! I have also read that it can interfere with hormonal balance too.....

Then there's the whole business of Phase 1 and Phase 2 ll in the detoxing work of the liver; if you accelerate or decelerate Phase 1 that will impact Phase 2 in some way and not always for the better, depending on what your personal SNPs are not to mention overall physical condition. So frustrating because we know we need to improve liver function but it is affected in so many ways - and, of course, affects everything else.

@douglasmich Wondering how you are doing now? Think I have done a similar thing.

Was experiencing what I thought were high oxalate symptoms - possibly caused by lactoferrrin supplement or antioxidant(olive leaf ) or chlorella......or some other unknown- so started trying m folate and mb12.

Plus b1 to support potassium supplementing. b6, B2.....and am now reacting to everything I eat and drink. Some histamine responses but also gout like pain. Have eased off everything but am taking mg .

Such a shame as this year I have made some gains - the first time in 5 years- and now I feel I am back to early days but worse as I have never been this bad in reacting to food.

I think I fall into the category of people who react to everything negatively . All since the good old NHS got their hands on me 5 years ago!

Here' s hoping Advent brings some happy and healing moments for us all!

douglasmich

i switched to organic carrots and i don't react.

Ive developed multiple chemical sensitivity from my crash.

car fumes make me feel like i will die. So it wasn't the veggies causing a folate trap it was the pesticides!

i think i have some sort of serious Block in my methylation..