• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Easy to make liposomal vitamin C - for viruses

Mary

Moderator Resource
"No, I'm not trying to kill you with math calculations :whistle: (there would be easier ways - No, just kidding! :lol:)"

I was referring to this:)
ps. I love her really:)

Can't see any link re bicarb?

Gotcha! My brain was slow yesterday ... math just takes so much work and is so slow, there have to be easier ways to kill someone, though I think I will just drop this here before I dig myself a big hole ... :D

I didn't put a link - sorry! that's why you didn't see it, even though I said I found a link - I just put the results of what I found. Here is the link I used though: http://www.racehorseherbal.com/Infections/LET/let.html
At the bottom it describes doing a test using 1/4 tsp baking soda in one ounce of water to 4 ounces of lipo c solution.

I wonder if we did the test differently, using different amounts?

Mary

Moderator Resource
Okay another question @brenda @Mary
How long do you leave the lecithin to soak for, I used warm water, about 2 hrs ago, looks like its getting there but not sure how liquid it has to be, I'm in the frozen north so not warm here which I'm sure makes a difference.

Actually I just let the lecithin dissolve for a few minutes, stirring a bit. It didn't get totally dissolved, although the vitamin C did totally dissolve in the water. I was just trying to figure out why mine seemed to come out more effective than yours. Maybe I used the blender longer, or a more powerful blender? or we did the test differently?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Okay another question @brenda @Mary
How long do you leave the lecithin to soak for, I used warm water, about 2 hrs ago, looks like its getting there but not sure how liquid it has to be, I'm in the frozen north so not warm here which I'm sure makes a difference.
Did I miss something about soaking lecithin? I need to fine back and try to read this.

Here's my attempt this mornings.

Update. I took another run at it with the blender and reduced the foam a lot. Not sure it that's right or not.

Use a jar much bigger than you think you need. I had run over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
What do you mean another run at it? @minkeygirl
Mine is still in the fridge from Wed and its practically all foam, so not a lot of encapsulation there I think. I've not been too good so I'll just stick with my bought liposomal vit c for now and try a new batch Monday.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Did I miss something about soaking lecithin? I need to fine back and try to read this.

Here's my attempt this mornings.

Update. I took another run at it with the blender and reduced the foam a lot. Not sure it that's right or not.

Use a jar much bigger than you think you need. I had run over.

That's good, blending it more - sounds like it helped!

I didn't soak the lecithin, but I added it to warm-hot water (not too hot, says it will clump if it's too hot) and stir it to dissolve it. It didn't dissolve all the way but I'm guessing I stirred/let it sit/stirred some more for maybe 2 minutes. I didn't just add it to the water and then start blending it right away with the blender.

I also dissolved the vitamin C crystals completely in warm water before adding to the lecithin and blending.

And then I blended it all for about 2 minutes, and that seemed to do the trick!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary @maryb yes I took it out of the fridge and blended it a lot more so there is much less foam.

Yes I took my time dissolving ? the lecithin. Used a fork to smash clumps. I'll use slightly warmer water next time.

C was pretty easy to dissolve then whipped away. Definitely more than 2 minutes for me.

I need a bigger glass jar. The hand blender came with a heavy duty acrylic cup so I wonder about blending in that then transferring to glass?

Have you made 2 batches so you have more and don't have to screw with this every other day?

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl - I'm sure it'll be fine blending in your acrylic jar. When I make mine, the solution comes almost to the top of my container but I found that when I put the blender stick in and just hold it straight up, resting on the bottom, and don't move it at all while blending, it doesn't go over the top. Whatever works -

yes, I have started making 2 batches at once - much better, as I go though this quickly.

Mary

Moderator Resource
What do you mean another run at it? @minkeygirl
Mine is still in the fridge from Wed and its practically all foam, so not a lot of encapsulation there I think. I've not been too good so I'll just stick with my bought liposomal vit c for now and try a new batch Monday.

@maryb - when I made the kind using the jewelry cleaner, they stressed it was important to keep processing it until almost all the foam went away. So I'm guessing that blending it longer with the stick blender will encapsulate it better and that less foam means more encapsulation - I hope you feel better soon!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary my blender gets sucked to the bottom of the Jar. I didn't realize that so it splashed out.

Next batch I'll do better. Make 2 in the acrylic jar and transfer to the glass.

I am noticing an aftertaste which must be the lecithin? Not bad just there.

I have altered taste and lots of things alter it. Guess this is my new taste.

Btw. Empty stomach it with food?

We'll all feel so good we can have a party!

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl - yeah, my blender sticks to the bottom of my jar - I just let it sit there while it blends. A larger container would work too.

I take it both empty stomach and with food, depending on how much I need. Doesn't seem to be any problem.

Well, of course we'll have a party, once we're cured! :angel: I'll go for a 10-mile hike first, just to warm up :whistle:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks @Mary you've been so helpful.

I'm really noticing the aftertaste. Hard to describe. Almost like rubber but not that gross.

And after eating lunch, it is now salty rubber. And from experience this will not go away until after I sleep. Then wake up and start over again.

Wimp. I'm gonna do the iron man triathlon!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@maryb. Remembering what you said about it keeping you up if you took it after 2 I took more at 2.

Well the taste is no better but I feel like I'm on speed. I hope this settles down. Yikes.

Did you take most in the morning? Why is it doing this? Did you figure it out?

sregan

Was looking for the thread that explained that most Vitamin C is made from Corn and if not marked "NON GMO" then it most likely is: They recommended a NutriBiotic product. Was wondering if it was the ascorbic acid or calcium ascorbate.

This was the product (mentioned at the end of the first post: NutriBiotic, Ascorbic Acid, Crystalline Powder)
: click here

Last edited:

sregan

Ok I tried the lipo C with the immersion blender and followed the instructions really close. Attached image is how it looks after a few hours in the fridge... There is a light layer on top and a dark layer on the bottom and it's still liquidy. I thought it might become somewhat solid. Anyone else try this? Did it look like mine?

I'm guesing that's the lecithin at the bottom?

And when it's time to eat/drink this stuff what do most do? Spoon it into a smoothie? Drink right out of the jar?

Attachments

• lipoC.jpg
    lipoC.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 5

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @sregan - mine did not look like yours. I didn't get a dark layer on the bottom, it was all just one color, a somewhat bright yellow, more yellow than yours. I did get a little foam on top, but not as much as you.

It doesn't get solid at all, it's a thin liquid. How long did you blend yours? Did you dissolve the lecithin in warmish water first?

sregan

I dissolved the C which dissolved clear and the lecithin in warm water (dissolved cloudy). My blender I did for a couple of minutes but it was spewing out the top of the container (which was fairly tall). Maybe my immersion blender is too powerful?

Mary

Moderator Resource
I dissolved the C which dissolved clear and the lecithin in warm water (dissolved cloudy). My blender I did for a couple of minutes but it was spewing out the top of the container (which was fairly tall). Maybe my immersion blender is too powerful?

My immersion blender is very powerful too and would have spewed out the top if I moved it around. I found it worked really well to just let the blender sit in place on the bottom, straight up vertically. Once it started blending, I did not move the blender it all and it didn't splash out, and it all blended really well. the container I used was not even that tall, the liquid was fairly close to the top.