• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ear cartilage pain?

acouchy

Unwilling ME/CFS Participant Since 1996
For several months I have been experiencing pain in the outer cartilage of my ears. It flares up for a few hours then disappears. It usually occurs in my left ear but sometimes it also occurs in my right. At first I thought it was due to my pillow because the first time it happened was at night but then it started happening during the day (out on a walk and also when I have been sitting upright resting). It is a deep burning pain (almost seems to throb) in the cartilage and is not visible (no redness). I have also recently started to experience times when my ears turn bright red and burn like crazy (I also have no idea why) but this pain is different. It really hurts.

Does anyone else experience ear cartilage pain? Anyone have any ideas as to what the cause could possibly be? I don't know if this is in any connected to my FM or ME/CFS but it sure seems just crazy enough to be related. Hoping someone can help me... not looking forward to seeing my GP about this.