• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eagles Glenn Frey symptoms

In reading about the death of Glenn Frey today, the signs of his illness were 1)acute ulcerative colitis 2) rheumatoid arthritis and 3)pneumonia.

1.acute ulcerative colitis: the horrid digestive tract disease; acute= long term, chronic, and seriously bad infection
2.R A: an inflammatory event on-going within a body; cascading cytokines responses
3.Pneumonia: an opportunistic co-infection that hits harder on a compromised immune system

All of these conditions can be seen in CFS/ME. Or is this another case of Lyme Disease?
or just a case of bad luck? Maybe his family will fill in some of it.

dannybex

It's my understanding that he had RA for years, then developed the UC and pneumonia a couple months back. I don't think it's lyme and definitely not ME/CFS. It was the pneumonia that killed him.

No doubt more details will come in the next week or so.

Gingergrrl

I have no idea but wanted to express how sad I was to hear that Glenn Fry had passed away. I was lucky to have seen the Eagles in concert twice (before I got sick) and they were amazing. Am still very sad about David Bowie as well but was not fortunate to have ever seen him in concert.

I agree that more details will emerge next week but it didn't sound like ME or Lyme to me.