ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dyamic Duo: Lucinda Bateman and Ron Davis Rock the Brain Science Conference

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Murph, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Murph

Murph :)

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...-ron-davis-rock-the-brain-science-conference/

@Cort went to a conference and wrote it up. Mostly covering familiar ground but there were a couple of moments when I went "Wait, that's new". Like this: (I was sure they'd only used the nano-needle on 10 patients. Now it seems to be 17. And the pattern is holding.)

Also this. Is this the same gene that inspired Phair? He also found one that was in every severely ill patient, and only one, if I recall correctly. It was the one massive outlier and it inspired his metabolic trap hypothesis. If true, interesting that it is a brain gene.

sb4, Sushi, alkt and 9 others like this.
  2. Diwi9

Diwi9 Administrator

USA
    It begs the question if many PwME have family members with autism? I do and 23&Me also informs me that I have genes which put me "at risk" for autism. Just looking forward to the day where we have a unifying theory for all of these interesting bits, but at the moment more hopeful to see some publications in the near future explaining some of this.

ETA: Data from 23&Me, the analysis is actually through Promethease.

3. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

what are the genes? I'd like to look them up in 23andme... thanks

alkt likes this.
  4. Diwi9

Diwi9 Administrator

USA
    alkt, anni66 and ebethc like this.
  5. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Is there any video of Ron Davis's presentation in the conference ?

alkt likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.