The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DWP asking leisure facilities to send CCTV footage of disabled visitors for potential prosecution

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Rick B‏@TenPercent
    DWP making blanket requests to leisure facilities to send all & any CCTV footage of disabled customers, so DWP can persecute disabled people who dare to go out in public @AmnestyUK @libertyhq @jeremycorbyn @johnmcdonnellMP
    Countrygirl.jpg Countrygirl2.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5:48 AM - 3 Mar 2018

1. [​IMG]Rick B‏@TenPercent 14h14 hours ago
        More
        I would note crucially that blanket request is profiling which is against HR and equality act. To simply suspect all disabled people is prejudice.

7 replies36 retweets69 likes

1. New conversation

2. [​IMG]Sean Mc Colgan‏@snmccolgan 12h12 hours ago
        More
        Replying to @TenPercent @AmnestyUK and
        Data Protection prevents this

3. [​IMG]Rick B‏@TenPercent 12h12 hours ago
        More
        clearly it doesn't and the history of data being used unlawfully by govt is long and inglorious.

4. [​IMG]Sean Mc Colgan‏@snmccolgan 12h12 hours ago
        More
        The Act makes it clear you can’t use recorded images for any other reason, unless you have the firm written agreement of the data subject

1 reply3 retweets8 likes

5. [​IMG]Rick B‏@TenPercent 12h12 hours ago
        More
        not in a criminal investigation which is the legal cover the DWP is misusing here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
    TreePerson and arboretum like this.
  2. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    WTF!?????

The next step is surely CCTV in claimants homes....:bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

TreePerson, arboretum and Countrygirl like this.
  3. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    Pardon my French, but what the bleeding f%#k?! This is utterly sickening. :cry::mad::cry::mad:

It's too much to hope that these conservative governments (globally speaking) will be held accountable down the track for destroying so much and so many people.

I'm not a UK citizen or resident, but if there's anything I can sign or do to help from behind my computer, please do post about it/let me know.

TreePerson and Countrygirl like this.

See more popular forum discussions.