• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DWP asking leisure facilities to send CCTV footage of disabled visitors for potential prosecution

Countrygirl

Rick B‏@TenPercent
DWP making blanket requests to leisure facilities to send all & any CCTV footage of disabled customers, so DWP can persecute disabled people who dare to go out in public @AmnestyUK @libertyhq @jeremycorbyn @johnmcdonnellMP
Countrygirl.jpg
Countrygirl2.jpg

DXXjtrTX0AAxC1J.jpg

DXXjwAnW4AAz73R.jpg

5:48 AM - 3 Mar 2018

1. Rick B‏@TenPercent 14h14 hours ago
      More
      I would note crucially that blanket request is profiling which is against HR and equality act. To simply suspect all disabled people is prejudice.

7 replies36 retweets69 likes

1. New conversation

2. Sean Mc Colgan‏@snmccolgan 12h12 hours ago
      More
      Replying to @TenPercent @AmnestyUK and
      Data Protection prevents this

3. Rick B‏@TenPercent 12h12 hours ago
      More
      clearly it doesn't and the history of data being used unlawfully by govt is long and inglorious.

4. Sean Mc Colgan‏@snmccolgan 12h12 hours ago
      More
      The Act makes it clear you can’t use recorded images for any other reason, unless you have the firm written agreement of the data subject

1 reply3 retweets8 likes

5. Rick B‏@TenPercent 12h12 hours ago
      More
      not in a criminal investigation which is the legal cover the DWP is misusing here.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafarfelue

Pardon my French, but what the bleeding f%#k?! This is utterly sickening. :cry::mad::cry::mad:

It's too much to hope that these conservative governments (globally speaking) will be held accountable down the track for destroying so much and so many people.

I'm not a UK citizen or resident, but if there's anything I can sign or do to help from behind my computer, please do post about it/let me know.