• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dry mouth / dehydration from frozen food ?

xchocoholic

This is so weird but I've had it before. My mouth and esophagus are feeling parched despite drinking plenty of water. Allergic reaction maybe ?

I suspect it's a reaction to either frozen food I bought that was exposed to a chemical while in the store freezer. Or a reaction to one of the chemicals used in making the frozen food I'm eating. Udi's french rolls possibly ? I just added these to my diet.

Anyone else get this ? Do you have any quick fixes ? I know from experience that once I stop eating this food this problem will stop. I'm going to try charcoal in a minute. Himalayan liver care and tons of water didn't help.

I'm pretty sure it's not my freezer since my refrigerator is new and other home cooked foods are fine.

Tx ... x

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I have severe dry mouth, but it is due to radiation therapy. It got a couple of my salivary glands and I have not found anything to help with it other than using "Biotene" several times a day.

xchocoholic

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to get to a store to pick these up. Yesterday was a bad pots day for me so I didn't get much accomplished. Tc .. x

xchocoholic

This is gone now. It was possibly the frozen gf breads I was eating. I'd given up on eating so delicious coconut ice cream because it caused this reaction everytime.

But I had a uti too and have been treating with grapeseed oil, garlic, cranberry juice and a ton of water daily. Pathogens are a possibility.

Tx again for this info tho. X