• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Drs Kogelnick & Kaufman

CG5

I was diagnosed with CFS by Dr Montoya in 2008 (positive for high EB and Chlamydia). Up until this last month, I've been coping, mostly :), so I've really not really needed to learn about it, the possible causes and treatments. At the moment, I'm experiencing a flare that is as bad as the original symptoms I had (fatigue, tachycardia, palpitations.) When I tried to make an appointment with Dr Montoya, I was told I am considered a new patient (as I hadn't seen him in more than three years) and that I would have to get a referral, and wait for a long time.

Because my functioning is now at about 30%, I am looking for a doctor who can help me. It looks like OMI might be a good choice. Could those of you who have seen either Dr Kogelnick or Dr Kaufman share your experiences? Does one have a different way of looking at the problem? If it's more appropriate, please PM me your feedback.

Thank you!

Gingergrrl

@CG5 I got your PM and will respond to it later tonight but both doctors are great and you can't go wrong with either of them.