August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Driscoll Theory Approach

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by MissCB, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MissCB

MissCB

Has anyone used the Driscoll Theory approach or taken Parasym Plus to treat POTS/ fatigue?

I'm reading her book and she describes me to a T but am having trouble finding many reviews of her supplements or of her treatment. Almost everything is from several years ago. I find it weird that she is no longer responding on her or her page, prettily.com and doesn't appear to have updated it in over a year.. not sure if something happened? I know she opened a clinic.

I really want to try Parasym Plus but have read a few old threads on here of members having bad reactions. Does anyone else have any experiences with this?

xrayspex likes this.
  2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    I am familiar with her theories too and have been told by PTs and OTs in past that I have hypermobility, my pcp thinks its plausible I could have ehlers danlos. It sure does explain the combination of structural and immune issues and how they interact etc

But I have not tried any of her supplements, I don't do well with most chemicals, bit of quandry. That is odd that she seems to have dropped off, keep us posted.

3. MissCB

MissCB

Thanks. I just spoke with another member on here who ordered the supplements so I'm waiting to see what he thinks. I would like to give them a try but would have to wean my daughter early if I decide to and am not sure if it's worth it.. We will see!

4. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I had very little effects at low dosage and very negative at high doses.

Interestingly, twice I have felt much better for about half an hour, hours after taking a dose with alpha gpc but have not been able to repeat this effect.

5. annabettina

annabettina

Have a question about or two about Parasym Plus. It was posted in a relatively large Facebook forum run by a physician and in which Diane Driscoll, who distributes Parasym Plus, is a member, posted that money from the sale of this product goes right into her research. Could someone please link me to her research articles (that the sale of this product help to fund)?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
  6. annabettina

annabettina

To be clear, it was not Driscoll who was the member who posted. It was just a young, former patient of Driscoll who took offense at me asking why a medical person would have a supplement with a "patented proprietary blend"...a supplement for sale and directed at ill individuals, many of whom are desperately ill. Didn't say so but, of course, this "patented proprietary blend" looked like a marketing ploy to me, was concerned that the marketing ploy was largely being used to generate funds for self.

Am not a FB person and only joined FB to access the health groups after I rather suddenly a few years ago, almost overnight, developed either MAV or CSD or dysautonomia depending on which doctor you ask. I've learned a lot from these groups including things I didn't expect to learn...that is, for example, medicine in general places making money as its priority, often to a strong degree, and not on the health and well-being of the individual. This has been an exceedingly hard pill for me to swallow...I come from a long line of physicians, but those of a different era...I'm older, around 59, and I remember my grandfather saying to his patients, "Pay me what you can, when you can."

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    It should be mentioned somewhere on one of her websites, prettyill.com or potscare.com.

She did post something about it in a PR thread, might be this one;
    https://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/pots-relief-could-it-be.42775/

You can always try your own mix of supplements from those listed as being in Parasym Plus, Huperzine A and some form of choline is the basis of it I think. Alternatively, you could maybe even just try a galantamine supplement (as an alternative to Mestinon).

See more popular forum discussions.