• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Draco discovered by MIT could cure nearly any viral infection

Zensational

Researchers at MIT’s Lincoln Lab have developed technology that may someday cure the common cold, influenza and other ailments.
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/antiviral-0810.html

Check out the link and let me know what you think!
Of course it will have to go through clinical trials and that could take several years.

Husband and I both have Epstein-Barr virus. He sleeps alot, I am in later stages having had actively for 29 years.

At least there's hope.

alex3619

I have read this before, about DRACO. Against a new viral attack its good I think and worth further study. Against an entrenched virus its dangerous.

Here is what I think would happen if given to an ME patient at moderate dose for a regular viral infection: our brain, gut and muscles would quite literally dissolve. Our immune system would collapse. It would be a most gruesome death. Given how common entrenched herpes virus infections are in the nervous system, I think the risk of severe neurological damage would be extreme even in the general population. Both of these conclusion though rely on this target RNA being present in cells infected with latent virus. It might not be. However losing even some nerves might not be a good thing.